• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Revell 1/32 Ju 88 FINISHED!!!

Finally!!! I am calling this one done even though it could use an antennae wire and a bit more weathering. This is just too big for me to maneuver around my desk and while trying to glue on the last couple pieces I bumped it and broke both of the main wheels off :doh:(the tail wheel was broken off earlier) so I am done with it. It is in the display case (yes it fit:bigrin:) in one piece and there it will stay for a long time.

We have a nice sunny day today so I took the photos on the living room floor in natural light. The back drop is too small obviously but oh well you get to see the pattern of my living room area rug!

Over all I am pleased with this. A few warts and I would do some things differently next time as I'm an ootb 72 scale builder and there were some learning curves. Comments and critics welcome.
41Ju8832.JPG
42Ju8832.JPG
43Ju8832.JPG
44Ju8832.JPG
45Ju8832.JPG
46Ju8832.JPG
47Ju8832.JPG
48Ju8832.JPG

Great job, really tidy. what are the 2 greens you used ? Would they be correct for a stuka as well ?

Last edited:
I spent a few summers as a kid digging one of these up back in the early 70's that had been shot down into the woods where i lived . Up till then it had been undisturbed and it was a friends uncle who remembered roughly where it crashed, as kids we found it by following out noses as the stench of fuel was still strong 25 years on. On site the undercarriage and a wing spar were sticking out of the ground along with a massive rubber fuel tank that still accounted for the smell and a tyre . We dug up hundreds of bullets and some human bones, My dad banned me from bringing any more bits home as the pile of scrap aluminium was starting to take over the Garden :) The archology teams found it and removed it about 10 years later

Thanks Pup!

Wow Paddy, what an adventure as a kid. Now a days you would probably be locked up for disturbing a site like that.

The two greens are RLM 70 and 71. I painted it a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it was painted with Model Master acrylics. They would work for your stuka as well.

and the German pilot built model planes...

Thanks Dave i have been thinking about starting my Stuka as soon as i get a lull in my work but your 88 is the first time i have seen this 2 shade green camo that actually looks right. its great finish, your canopy masking is superb especially on the nose.

Back