• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Revell 1/32 Ju 88 FINISHED!!!

Re: Revell 1/32 Ju 88

That is a big beautiful aircraft. While no sharkmouth, I have a 48th scale C-6 with the false glass nose to be built with Hungarian markings.

Regards,

Thanks guys! Started to spray some primer on it last night but my compressor crapped out on me again. It has been giving me fits and thought I had it fixed but I guess it is time for a new one. :angry:

After two trips to the dump and one trip to the recycling depots and with a new compressor in hand I finally got a chance to sit down and shoot some paint on this beast. First the preshade and then the RLM 65 in the bottoms.

h4221373.jpg

hc9cc547.jpg

With any luck I'll get to shoot the top coat on tonight.

Wow! You dont have a free space right now :lol: Great work! Cant wait to see splinter cammo :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Wow! You dont have a free space right now :lol: Great work! Cant wait to see splinter cammo :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

It's a big beast alright. It's hard not to bang it into things while turning it around to work on it.

HAHAHAHAHA ! Didn't think you could be so lucky :lol:

Can't way for more paint ! :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Got the top coat of RLM 71 on yesterday and was all set to do the RLM 70 splinter today but when I went through my paint... NO RLM 70!!! :bang head :bang head :bang head I was sure I had stocked up when I started this beast several months ago. I had half a bottle of RLM 71 and a brand new bottle of RLM 71 so the only thing I can figure is I went to the store to get the 70 and bought the 71 by mistake. :idonno Oh well, here's the progress thus far.

h8216ef2.jpg

h45f6df7.jpg

I don't have time this week to make the 40 min. trip to the only LHS in the area that carries the paint I need and then I'm out of town for a couple of weeks after that so for now I am working on the landing gear and props.

I understand your hobby shop dilemma. :( Don't worry, we'll wait on you . :) Looking good so far !

Cheers, Christian B)

Well it only took 7 years but I finally got around to spraying the final camo color on this bird. The only reason I stopped working on it was because I didn't have the RLM 70 black green but then I got sidetracked with other things.

The underside was still all tapped up and after 7 years I was grateful that none of the paint lifted up with it or that it didn't leave a sticky residue. I got lucky.

h41a204a.JPG

hc992457.JPG

Plan to plow through this and get it done. It's an out of the box build so shouldn't be any surprises at this point.

I will have to go back and edit the photo bucket mess at some point.

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Yeah all my Pooter Bucket pics have turned to mush. That's fine I don't use it anymore.

I picked this plane to do for my markings. Have the photo etch marking stencils from Alliance Model Works so doing the markings should be no real issue. Just want to do this scene with the figures as best I can place them.

ha064eda.jpg

The callout numbers are 9K+EL

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Thanks PAulw!

Other Paul, That is a neat photo and I like how the tail wheel is turned. I am looking forward to your build and all the fine gadgetry you will add.

I started sorting out the kit markings and realized that being a Revell kit I don't have the swaztika for the tail. I have an after market sheet for them but it is in my usual 1/72 scale so none of them are large enough. I'll have to see what I can find.

Revell 1/32 Ju 88

Thanks PAulw!

Other Paul, That is a neat photo and I like how the tail wheel is turned. I am looking forward to your build and all the fine gadgetry you will add.

I started sorting out the kit markings and realized that being a Revell kit I don't have the swaztika for the tail. I have an after market sheet for them but it is in my usual 1/72 scale so none of them are large enough. I'll have to see what I can find.

That is part of why I invested in the Stencil sets. I have both the 1/48th set and the 1/32nd set. Believe me there is a LOT of stainless steel PE in each set as they are quite complete.

Here is a link to Alliance model works page for these stencil sets. Plane stencil sets

Here is a photo of the 1/32 set. The largest cross stencils in the set are 3 inches square.

h09572cb.jpg

Back