• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Build - Jadgtiger Porsche Production

Dave Diaz

Hello Tn'Teers!

Its time to start this build. I didn’t manage to do much this weekend but at least I started.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Vspiccopy.jpg

I started working with the suspension buggies, typical of Porsche design. :laugh:

3.jpg

Some more updates coming soon. Thanks for stopping by.

dave

coolomatic! :D and when the jagdtiger is done they will say "and all the madness started with the suspension parts!"

i look forward to further progress!

Hi Dave.

That is how it always begins. It's the finish though that is the cool part. And I think that you should save that newspaper to use that top headline for your last photo of the finished kit.

Gary B)

Hello again T'n'Teers!

Its time for another update on this build.

Now that the suspension was done I started with the rear plate. I set it in place and using the plastic rod + cement method added weld lines to the joints of the plates.

1-1.jpg

Here are the weld lines

2-1.jpg

Then using a triangular file I simulated the rough cut metal that is typical of these large and late vehicles.

3-1.jpg

Here is the comparison of the details.

4.jpg

I then finished added the rear plate details.

5.jpg

Using a 0.5 mm plastic rod I added the bracket that held the Jack in place.

6.jpg

Here is a view of the back.

7.jpg

The Tiger so far with the suspension in place.

8.jpg

Now is time to continue with the superstructure. Until next time, thanks for following the build.

dave

'Nother sweet build you have going, Dave! Can't wait to see what you'll do next! (y)

Hello again. Its time for an update on the Tiger's progress.

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Dave.

Cool stuff goin on there. Are you going to do any work to the armored exhaust covers?

Gary B)

Gary, thanks for pointing that out I was about to overlook it. I used some Mr. Surfacer to create the detail of the armored covers.

WK3-1.jpg

Now I started to get the tools ready, I didn't really like the holder for the cleaning rods that the model comes with so I decided to build my own. I started with cutting round grooves on a plastic block and getting them into place. I used the plastic rod for lining them up.

WK3-2.jpg

Then I added weld lines with the usual rod + cement method.

WK3-3.jpg

Next the cleaning rods went on.

WK3-4.jpg

The closing bracket went on next.

WK3-5.jpg

A bolt and a plastic wing nut from Bronce topped it all off.

WK3-6.jpg

The back deck was finished without much trouble.

WK3-7.jpg

Next up were the periscopes. I gave them a coat of Tamiya Clear Green, and got them into place after masking the lenses.

WK3-8.jpg

WK3-9.jpg

Finally the front plate was glued in place.

WK3-10.jpg

That’s about it for this update. Next up is getting the tracks ready to roll. Thanks for visiting.

Until next time

dave

Hi Dave.

It looks just beautiful. I really like the cleaning rod holders and the rods. Just some awsome work.

Gary B)

:eek:hmy: This is lookin sweet Dave .

Excellent work.

All these inspiring workmanship photo's I've gotta pull my finger out and do something.

Thanks
Michael

Hello once again,

It's been quite a long time since I've roam around these parts. I have been working on the tedious task of getting the tracks together for the Tiger. As you guys can see, every other link consists of four separate pieces. :(

1-2.jpg

But now that we have those out of the way we are back on track!

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

Until next time.

dave

Dang Dave, got to hand it to you for staying with those tracks. I'd be ready for the rubber padded room.

Hey, Dave
Pure awesome! I can almost see and smell the exhaust cloud belching out of her when you first fire her up.
Randy

Back