• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave Harper passed away on Friday, Oct. 1st.

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
I somehow seem to always be the one who has to relate things like this.

Dave Harper has been battling cancer for a couple of years now. He appeared to get better, then recently began going downhill. He was taken to the hospital on the 20th, and, I just learned this morning, has been in a coma since. The doctors notified Bill Chilstrum, his friend, that his coma is terminal. His liver function is gone and it is a matter of days. As he still has cancer in other parts of his body, he is ineligible for a transplant. The doctors have said it is a matter of days now.

As of yet, his family hasn't been notified as they are difficult to locate. He only has two sisters, one is a civilian in Afghanistan and nobody knows the whereabouts of the other sister.

Dave was one of my very best friends and we emailed or talked daily. He had really understated his condition to both me and Bill. I suppose there is never a situation where there is positively no chance, but it sounds really bad. When I spoke to him last, on the 18th, he sounded almost drunk, and Dave doesn't drink. Happy, and in good spirits but not like himself. Bill told me that Dave hasn't spoken since the 20th.

So very, very sad.

Bob

Re:Sad news about D-Man, Dave Harper

oh my god!

so sad!

that's really bad news!

all my thoughts are with his friends and family, no matter where they are!

:(

My condolences Bob, it must be very hard to lose a good friend.

Ted

Sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts and prayers.
James

Re: Sad news about D-Man, Dave Harper

Golly Bob, that is horrible news! I lost a friend earlier this year to cancer. Do you have an email that I can contact Bill at? Please do share my thoughts to him.

I am so very truly saddened to hear this news.

So sorry to hear this Bob, Dave is a fine man. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help, of course our thoughts and prayers are with Dave and his family.

Sad news indeed, good friends are precious and hard to come by. Condolences to all.

This is heartbreaking. A man beloved in this hobby and family is the last to know of his condition. I feel for all since he is not gone but the moment is too near.

Regards,

Hi Bob.

Cancers are such terrible things. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you, your friend and his family.

Peter

Horrible news. If there is anything I can do to ease your burden please ask.

I watched my mother and a family friend succumb to this terrible disease. Both very young. If David is in a coma, it is a gift from God. I know this sounds terrible, but this way he will not suffer.

The hobby is about to suffer a great loss.

So very hard to write this , tears are stinging my eyes . My dear friend D'Man , such a beautiful caring guy . One of my longest friends and founding member of TnT . When I said to him that I wanted to set up my own forum , better , nicer , than any before , he said " Do it J'Gal , I am right behind you " .

I am just so upset , my heart is broken , I feel useless that I can not be there for my friend and that he does not know how important he is .

To Bill , Bob and Susan , please be strong . Bill , email me when you can , we care about you so much .

God bless you Dave .

Jenny

Bob,
Our thoughts and prayers are with Dave and his family and also for Bill.
John and Maureen.

Terrible news, dont know what to say...................

My thoughts are with you D-Man, with Bill and all his friends and family.

Erik

I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts go out to to you Bob and Bill. Yes our hobby will suffer from this. My Thoughts go out to you too Jenny.

Sad news indeed... But he will be free of pain soon enough.
The hobby will be losing a great bloke. Cancer, bloody Cancer.

Back