• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with Doc - Next installment

DML Panzer 1 ausf. B ( DAK with Doc)

Hey John,

Loooooking Gooood there Buddy, Me likes it . The sand bags are nice did you make those? If so you should do us a tutorial on making them. Also SHOW Us a pic from the rear so we can see that tie down work , Love to see tie down I get a kick out of models were the Stowage is just lying there , I guess a lot of people don’t have an idea how rough a Tank rides. Well keep it coming Buddy Ihave always enjoyed your work always a big fan of it. Back in the ole days I used to promote your work all the time.

Brian

Bob, nope, it is all removable.

Brian, thanks! Tie downs are just temp at this point to get depressions in the tarp. Yes, I made the sandbags from scratch, really easy, they are just Aves shaped with gloved hands and a toothpick!

Thanks, James!

Aber turned MG-13 barrels. They aren’t glued in yet, just a test fit.
h550b78f.jpeg

Quick base. Celluclay mixed with water and carpenter's glue. Kitty litter, play sand, pumice attached with dilute Matt media. Tank tracks added using plastic wrap to keep groundwork from sticking to the tracks.

hfad2e9f.jpeg

heeb4f5d.jpg

Thanks Brian, just following the rules of composition. Of course, this is pretty straight forward project, not like the sdkfz 10/5.

Hey John are going to make it 5th light or 21st or 8th/15. I was just wondering and could not remember if you said so? Are you using kit decals? Or are you making your own? I remember you used to make your own many times for Archer Masters. It’s looking great John.

Brian

Hey John are going to make it 5th light or 21st or 8th/15. I was just wondering and could not remember if you said so? Are you using kit decals? Or are you making your own? I remember you used to make your own many times for Archer Masters. It’s looking great John.

Brian

The kit decals look pretty nice, but I do have some generic Archer DAK transfers in the stash -

Back