• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with Doc - Next installment

DML Panzer 1 ausf. B ( DAK with Doc)

Closing in...

hc3cc759.jpeg

hca39c94.jpeg

h8b90a0d.jpeg

hf448793.jpeg

Layout tweak. I have cut down one of the columns, trimmed the top, and moved it to the low foreground. I have also changed the direction of travel of the tank. Whaaaacha Tink? :stinker

h959f7c9.jpg

h1e90c04.jpg

hf5bdfd9.jpg

So kind, thanks. Build should be done by the end of the week, primer by the weekend. I may play around with some more details on the base and maybe some kit and kaboodle on the tank...

Very neat...I had AP Bio work kicking my butt all day yesterday so didn't get back to mine. I have a few Value Gear pieces I might add as stowage. Still need to figure some sort of base...something small.

he9e4d41.jpeg

h69fd6ba.jpeg

Slow but steady. All but one tool clamp installed. Should still be completed by the end of the week.

Hi John,

Are you using that Doug’s figure for sure? I always thought a very easy conversion would be to change his right hand and have him holding his Pith helmet for shade . Just for a bit of Variety not the same ole thing. In my opinion the easiest Pith helmet to obtain without spending much is the DAK CMK head set removing the head in it. I think the CMK helmet is one of the best Piths in 1/35. Another good one is Verlinden the two officers stand together. Not very many good piths out there. The very old Pz II Kit from Tamiya is OK but needs some work. Be care ful of some Verlinden are very small the guy sitting on a barrel is smal helmet. The Tamiya Steyr Kit with shirtless guys are too small.the Dragon one with the eating DAK Guys is OK but a bit large , I don’t know if Doug’s figs run small as Alpine do very good 1/35 not at all 1/32 ish.I wish I was home I made my own master and had a Freind cast a few for me. Been begging Taesung to make a good one they are needed very badly. Oh the older Warriors ones are too big and the Italeri one is garbage. I have not seen the Miniart ones yet.Just my two cents, on the DAK site many Pz Is , the commander had a Pith on. And I know you do not like to be like everyone else. Take care and have fun the PzI is looking good, how are those after market rearIdlers? And are they still an active Item?

Brian

Idlers are Lionmarc, still available, didn’t fit the MK at all. I was going to use the fig as is, don’t see many of Doug’s figs. Pith helmets for sure somewhere, just may use what ever is in the parts box.

I was going to ask if the clamps are worthy the effort..they are. :popcorn

Moving towards the finish line with the build. BTW DML jerry cans suck but they are marked correctly so...

h24b3e32.jpeg

ha8fe627.jpeg

h0a7373c.jpeg

Back