• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber-hobby German 3t 4x2 Cargo truck

wds

This is the opel-blitz offering from cyber-hobby. It is very nicely molded with few or no ejector pin marks and insignificant flash (as is the norm with c-h/DML). The card with the small bags includes decals for five vehicles, a clear sprue with windows and lenses, window masks, brass etch for one jerry-can seam and opel-blitz badge plus a few smaller bits, and a canvas roll (stowage add-on) molded in a rubber material.

The kit includes both types of wheels (6 and 8 bolt rims), and two complete sets of truck bed sides. One set with the 7 board high sides as shown on the box cover art, and one set with 5 board high plus 2 board extensions. I found that the truck bed sides will fit the Tamiya kit very well. (The extra set in the cyber-hobby box could be put to good use here as substitutes for the Tamiya offerings. While the Tamiya moldings have wood grain, they also have numerous ejector pin marks.) The kit also has the cross-bed bench seating that could accommodate seated figures.

Over all a nice package in my opinion. I look forward to working it up. Thanks for looking

Cheers,

Bill

Box cover art.
IMG_2183.JPG

Two types of truck bed sides included.
IMG_2184.jpg

Engine compartment grill and sides are molded with open louvers.
IMG_2185.JPG

Ccyber-hobby truck bed sides fitted to Tamiya kit's bed
IMG_2187.JPG

Hey Bill
Looking forward to seeing this one built, I like trucks, I have the first CH offering, those louvres are quite zexy aren't they...

Do you have a dio planned for it?

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. No plans for a diorama at this time. I'm still a base and groundworks virgin. Just put 'em on the shelf. I'd like to give it a try though. I do have a set or two of the 1/2 track riders from Dragon, so I would like to put a few of those guys in back with some crates and jerry cans and maybe pull a pak gun or something . We'll see.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Back