• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Custom '61 Ford galaxie Stylized Kit AMT 3 in 1

Okay I understand now. Man thats a lot of work. And sorry no, not a car guy, but I am interested to see where this all leads. Watching with interest. :popcorn
James

Okay I understand now. Man thats a lot of work. And sorry no, not a car guy, but I am interested to see where this all leads. Watching with interest. :popcorn
James

Thanks James This is a trip back to my childhood car builds when we weren't allowed to play with knives & other modeling tools .... Like I said I always wanted to cut & add stuff to a model kit .... When I was in school my favorite thing was drawing cars esp. the lotus style formula 1's ..... I'm also a plane guy ships & the dark side are on the way with me .....

Looks like I should invest in some Putty stocks :rotf Looks like a cool build so far. Love those old custom jobs (y)

Thanks ... Nerdling .... I'm sorry for missing your post ..... lots has been happening here on the Ranch .... But my Putty's gotten frozen in the tube still waiting for it to warm up ... I started working on the grill ... so I'll post some pic's soon ..... :good:

Sorry folks but I got covered up in Customers .... not a bad problem for a Hobby Shop to Have ..... So now I still have obligations .... but I will try to get-R-Done .... I must unfreeze my Putty we were ablet o purchase some propane to heat the house with .... so things are looking up .... the model buying rush for Christmas is over so more free time ..... working on the build as we speak .... :good:

I'll get some more putty on Her soon ... Still waiting on one of the Mods or MP to move this to second Chance ... :yipee

Thanks MP for the move & thanks Kenny for some + reinforcement ... I'd better get to sanding some putty ... :coolio :zen :zen :zen :coolio

:popcorn SOmebuddy say Putty Queen?!? :popcorn :popcorn :captain

Well I got a large tube of MMD putty to go through ... So I decided to bring this to completion ... Plus I have a place to spray paint now ... Keep an eye peeled once the body looks good I'll be painting it ... claiming that OOB ribbon as my 1st one as I had planned ... Caution Old Newbie at work ...

:cheer: 's Gerry

You really should try some two part polyester filler (like Bondo or the like), dries faster and won't disappear or shrink like the solvent based stuff does. Sands easily and you can build up areas that need it. Just a thought.

Thanks Mike ... I've tried the Red spot putty or glazing compounds they have a little heat when currying ... as my What-if shows Here ...

h18113d4.JPG

This is my What-if Hyper-space Victor ... that is also a Self Queen ... I'll get all these built soon ...

h74ae3e3.JPG

The Galaxy came out of the box ... so after looking at it the rear end is shaping up ... I need to work the Fins a bit more ...

h2b18a70.JPG

had1d204.JPG

I added some more putty to the front end I found my shaping files the other day ... Now if I could just get my workbench in better order ... I'd Have it made ... :woohoo:

:popcorn SOmebuddy say Putty Queen?!? :popcorn :popcorn :captain

Well I got a large tube of MMD putty to go through ... So I decided to bring this to completion ... Plus I have a place to spray paint now ... Keep an eye peeled once the body looks good I'll be painting it ... claiming that OOB ribbon as my 1st one as I had planned ... Caution Old Newbie at work ...

:cheer: 's Gerry

This may take awhile folks :idonno Gerry... I'ma :popcorn :popcorn :eek:ldguy

Back