• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Custom '61 Ford galaxie Stylized Kit AMT 3 in 1

Swordsman

Ok I know it is kind of late to start this build .... But I started off as a Child doing O.O.B. Models only We didn't call it that ..... So My Campaign area is kind of Empty .... and since I started in this Forte ...This is the 1st Ribbon I want.

My entry is a Round 2 models AMT retro kit of a 61 Ford Galaxie

[ol] [li]Because .... No motor to get caught up on wiring / painting .... :good: [/li]

[li]Suspension is already Molded in place ..... :good: [/li]

[li]I like the kits Looks .... :good: [/li]

[li]It's a easy build .... :good: [/li]

[li]The Kit is fresh out of my Stash & hasn't been started .... :good: [/li]
[/ol]

I will enjoy this as this kit reminds me of me youth A thing that is quickly disappearing and I need a trip down Memory Lane .....

h0d72b5d.JPG

Box Art & unopened kit ...... :coolio

h3b47e8e.JPG

The inside Still in Plastic !! .... Like I say I love the smell of Styrene in the morning !!! Fixing to get me some .... :yipee

'61 Ford galaxie ... Styline Kit .... AMT 3in 1 ..

Looks like fun :popcorn

Love those old boats, saw a '70sh Ford LTD Convertible the other day, just stood there watching the guy back it out the parking lot and thinking parking lots aren't designed for those things anymore.

Looks like fun :popcorn

Love those old boats, saw a '70sh Ford LTD Convertible the other day, just stood there watching the guy back it out the parking lot and thinking parking lots are designed for those things anymore.

Yup now days we can get more Autos in a smaller space all right .... I'm looking for the Destructions right now as I've already misplaced Them in the Bunker .... :frantic

Ok I found them gonna retire to the Blue chair and read them to see which parts I'm gonning to use ... I like these kits because of all the extra stuff that you Get in the Kit .... :ro:

Ok I started chopping up the styrene or adding the styrene bits and filling the gaps with putty .... I built the scale Model box that comes with the kit ...... Now the Batteries are charging on the camera ..... let me do a little editing .... and I'll add to this post ....

h5052e40.JPG

I think I should build all things in the box so I can get them Out Of the Box, Here's the Wall hanger...

h7a418dc.JPG

Next I found this flat 1/4 scale box art so I thought about cutting it out and folding it ......

h00c61dd.JPG

h2786a67.JPG

I think I need to invent a cardboard bender on the lines of the PE thingy ....

hb20d9b2.JPG

Here's the parts that can be added to make this auto into a stylized machine ...

hb977e31.JPG

Front end treatment is glued & drying ..... Putty's next .....

hc2c50b1.JPG

Back deck extension added ...... will require lots of putty to fill that gap/valley .....

hd442bb2.JPG

This is a extra little kit bit ....I'm adding .... when I was a child this era of automobile design was all about spaceships ..... and that look was in the concept cars of the time ....

h51293a4.JPG

There you go ..... nice looking rocket exhaust/engine nodule's .....

h564f51e.JPG

hbc038fa.JPG

Putty's on now it just needs to dry over night .....

h4cf7ab0.JPG

Lots of sanding to make this look right plus I'm thinking more putty after this 1st layer is sanded off ....

Well that's one way to make sure you get it filled! Sending some sanding :zen

Oooh nice filling there :woohoo:

Ps there is a way of folding that cardboard without the grain cracking its called scoring the paper. :D

Ok I'm glad Ya'll like it ......

@Moon Puppy ..... Thanks for the sanding Help ..... I'll be doing the sanding with a wet process which actually makes it easier .... as far as excess putty it was a big valley ....... :frantic

@ Dave Smart A $$ ..... :rotf I knew that and tried it it just didn't work right now Moon Puppie Has warned Me about You ..... :tomato

Continuing with the process .....

hb26a992.JPG

h5d72afe.JPG

Both side of front end puttied ......

h1154274.JPG

Ok time to see How good a forum Ya'll are ...... This can be added with lots of putty can be made to look right ..... what do you Think ???

h8a47daf.JPG

Front fender sanded close to ..... next I'll add some squadron White putty ..... If I could just find it ..... :frantic

So I know next to nothing about cars except they get you from point a to point b. What all are you doing??? Modding the car to another version or making your own design??
:popcorn
James

Just make sure that new grill is straight. You must really love to sand. :popcorn

Hell Mate you did not have to ask moondoggie even blind grandmamma's can see I am as weird as can be.

Ok the answer to the question is never mind I'll do it my way .... this kit is the Amy 61 Galaxy stylized kit .... the different bits are in the kit so you can add or subtract different features either to build a Stock, custom, or a concept Car ..... like

h0eb6668.jpg

The ford X-100 .....

h4781125.jpg

The Lincoln Futura .....

so what I'm doing is playing car designer ..... as far as the putty goes I could add old sprue to fill the gaps .... or some styrene sheet .... so I wouldn't have to use soooooo much putty .... and Dave I knew that when I first meet you ...... :smack

All righty - then .... my work has fallen on silent fingers ..... Could it be ... I was kind a Smart- a$$ on the last answer? ..... No Car Guys Here? ..... I guess I should explain it to myself what I'm doing .... Going out of my head ..... too many putty fumes .... In the Fifty's My uncle would drive His new Caddy down to our House so we got to see the latest fins for that year .... The Jetson's were on TV and We all knew the Flying car wasn't to far away .... Now it is the 21st Century and we have some but not in the Average man's price range ...... Here's Photos of my latest work .... :ro: :dude

h939c1ff.JPG

h6f76fe8.JPG

h226d5d3.JPG

The putty's sanded down .... not too hard to do stopped by Wally-World last night picked up some 220 grit wet/dry had -R -done in no time ....

h0634a18.JPG

well I looked at it the fins weren't big enough for me .... so I'm off on a tangent .... AMT included a extra bit of styrene for this purpose .... So this is still O.O.B. Modeling .....

h8edc43d.JPG

Well I got carried away .... Fumes from the Squadron white putty .... I needed these Bottom Fins to complete the look .....

hc337057.JPG

Once again the putty's drying .......

h0616b98.JPG

To see which I like best ..... I blacked out behind the grill ..... & added the chrome ..... I hope I can keep the putty dust out of here ......

hb092462.JPG

hfd861b5.JPG

I had decided to go with this grill treatment ..... It didn't fit right so ..... dremel time .... I cut off the back side a bit so it would go farther back ..... :good:
What do you think Swept back at the top like old style DC Comic's Bat mobile ..... Or swept forward ??

Custom '61 Ford galaxie Stylized Kit AMT 3 in 1 OO

Bloody hell keep up those putty fumes I love where youre going with this one :geek

Thanks Dave ...... :ro: :dude ...... Still not sure which way the grill looks best .... Last night I dropped it while forming .... when I picked it up I put it on upside down from my planned swept forward ....Of couse it will be filled ..... With More Putty :frantic .... and rounded in to shape just trying to figure Direction on this one ..... :facepalm Or :good:

back looks like a Tbird, the one grill looks like a GTO. But if you're going to put that sloping upper side I think that look will go away. :popcorn

back looks like a Tbird, the one grill looks like a GTO. But if you're going to put that sloping upper side I think that look will go away. :popcorn

Well that's what I thought but I was leaning towards a Tran Am ...... don't worry I'll hide it and after blended in I'll look very nice I think .... so you mean slop bigger on the bottom right :good:

Ok I'm moving on with this build ..... must Get - R-Done .....

h9dd2253.JPG

h088599d.JPG

The front end is drying now ..... I have attached the chrome grill under frog tape to keep the stuff off of it I don't want on it ..... the grill is only glued in the middle so it is a work in progress

h68cae53.JPG

h0897c85.JPG

hc5d6ae9.JPG

This is the rear end still needs a bit of touch up .... but this is the general shape of things ....

Back