• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTAIII - Marineflieger F-104G (1/72 Academy)

Sometimes we just have to live with other people's mistakes. Still it will be a fine looking model. Gary S

Excellent progress Chris !!! looking forward to your vision ... if you need help with the woodland scenic stuff ... their web site has excellent how to video's ... :woohoo: (y)

When you realize you used the wrong grey on the underside..... :bang head

Looks like I'll be redoing half the pre-shade and paint this weekend. Ah well, more airbrush practice, right?

After taking a week to cool off after completely botching the paint on the F-104...I'm getting back after it today. More to update soon.

I hate old ass decals..... :bang head

On the upside, I got the paint more or less corrected and covered in gloss coat for decal application.

Progress...

DSCF2158.JPG

I've had to revise my tactics with these old, thick decals. Since they seem to be pretty much non-porous...I've been putting Micro-Sol down underneath, rather than on top as a finisher. Hoping it'll do a more aggressive softening of the thick decals throughout the entirety, rather than just at the edges. We shall see if my experiment worked out when I get home tonight.

A local modeler I know is using some white glue in his warm water when he does Academy decals with decal softener over the decal and they really stick down nicely that way

Got the decals wrapped up. Probably going to need to hit a couple of them with a bit more MicroSol a couple more times throughout the day though. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in final clear by weekend's end. Then all that will be left is the Kormorans & the base. :)

DSCF2160.JPG

Bird is complete. Just need to install weapons. Should be finished along with the GTi tomorrow...at least that is the hope. I'll probably see about messing around with a base on Tuesday after work.

DSCF2162.JPG

Back