• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTRY-MrT-T-55A

Putting the handle aside I set to work painting the wheels and tracks on the side that is complete. First I painted everything Nato Black.

DSC08245.JPG

Then starting with Black Green working my way to a Yellow green I painted and shaded the wheels.

DSC08248.JPG

DSC08249.JPG

I then went back and highlighted bolt heads and high points with Yellow Green.

DSC08251.JPG

To tone everything down I applied an Olive Green oil wash. When the wash dried I dry brushed everything with light olive oil paint. Tracks were finished with Model Master Exhaust and then dry brushed with silver.

DSC08255.JPG

DSC08256.JPG

DSC08257.JPG

DSC08258.JPG

There is still some weathering still to happen toward the end, but this a good place to stop. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry

Hi Mr.T :) we seem to have similar builds going on here in so much as Green tanks with PE goes :laugh: You are way ahead of me , hope mine goes as well as yours !

OK so Isee you not real worried about getting up close to the road wheels on the tracks. What are you going to stuff up in there?

Hi Mr.T :) we seem to have similar builds going on here in so much as Green tanks with PE goes :laugh: You are way ahead of me , hope mine goes as well as yours !

Yep there is lots of green going on here. The trick is to make green look interesting.

B)

OK so Isee you not real worried about getting up close to the road wheels on the tracks. What are you going to stuff up in there?

Really only painted the wheel faces so far and yeah more stuff will get added before we get to the end.

B)

I did a little more painting and highlighting. I think it looks better, but what do you think?

DSC08259.JPG

DSC08260.JPG

DSC08261.JPG

Back