• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Columbian M8 Escarabajo

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
I started this project long ago, Tamiya M8 Greyhound with Dragon M55 quad for the turret. I dug it out when searching for something else and decided to work on it as a break from the EBR 11. I had the upper and lower hull together, the turret hole plugged and the engine deck modified. Work went quick and these are pictures of the stopping place on Wednesday night.

Reference pictures
2mwhvtg.jpg

CSyD_M8-AAA_01.jpg

M8quadgunCORNEJO_28129.jpg

the build
002_zpssf1flzho.jpg

003_zpsft6krokq.jpg

004_zpsqgvljqfd.jpg

005_zpsseqszc52.jpg

006_zpseyakruvl.jpg

007_zpsbjihbvui.jpg

008_zpsis7pdmaa.jpg

009_zpsyvw0xiir.jpg

Columbian M8 Escarbajo

Well, I have loads of details on the installation including the angle of the raised plate on the engine deck.

Here is a simple paint scheme:

h24abcf0.jpg

hdb22783.jpg

A little harder, but not by much:
This one goes with the rear view you posted.
h28086b2.jpg

Here you see that the top of the raised deck is not parallel to the original deck:
ha6eb2b1.jpg

A quick walkaround of one:

h166720c.jpg

h7078782.jpg

h209d1f4.jpg

h571b9d3.jpg

h390c535.jpg

hab32555.jpg

ha8e5e4a.jpg

h5453ce1.jpg

Different schemes:

h33e04c4.jpg

h87e8306.jpg

h63d5468.jpg

h15a2277.jpg

h69b6242.jpg

Regards,

Columbian M8 Escarbajo

Seems like a lot of armor for a single HMG, guess it's just the impression it makes.

Thank you Saul!!!!!!! Fantastic pictures (y)

I did notice my mistake on the engine deck, when I was looking for pictures of the muffler. :blink Now the modeler test, can I fix it with out anyone noticing the repair :laugh:

Ah no worries I have a big tube of putty :eek:hyeah

Again thanks for the pictures gives me more to go on. The walk around I have the thing looks new.

Columbian M8 Escarbajo

You beat that does! Dang look at the bolts around the engine deck extension. :facepalm

I kinda like the JC Whitney tail lights. :D

Also they changed the brake from hydraulic to air

Back