• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Churchill 3in Gun Carrier - AFV CLub - 1/35 Scale

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
Here is my selection for this Campaign. The First seven steps of the instruction is solely for the suspicion... :doh:...that should take me about a month to get through,then I can get on with the StuG V build...:eyeroll:

The Kit
CH3-000.jpg

Start up Shot
CH3-000b.jpg

I've been wanting to do this kit ever since it was released....so I'm quite excited about it! :frantic:
Thanks for stopping in for a looky see
:victory:

Last edited:
Made some great progress this last week!

The First 9 steps completed...
CH3-001.jpg

And now on to more fun parts of the build...
CH3-002.jpg

Got a bit of work to do to get that casemate to fit propely, Not sure what's going on with that.. :bm:...and then get them new Friul shoes ready to go.

Those Brits could really build some ugly tanks compared to the Panther. Not to familiar with this one. Will stay tuned. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Your right about that Gary! Them Brits did come up with some uglies and this one is butt ugly. It’s like they took a WWI tank out of storage and slapped it on a Churchill....Hmmm that gives me an Idea 🤔

Nice work so far Eric.

If you really want to see some road wheels - try building a WW1 rhomboid tank! That will try your patience! :lol:

Didn't seem to get as far this week but did make it over a huge hurdle...the tracks! I also started to fit the upper casemate which had a huge gap at the bottom since I'm planning on leaving off the track finders. Also begun detailing the casemate as well.

CH3-004a.jpg

CH3-004b.jpg

...the tracks are just dry fitted for the photos.

This kit is actually going together faster then I thought i would so It maybe built and ready for paint here soon. Ordered a commander figure but it's coming all the way from Australia, so I hope it makes it here

Didn't seem to get as far this week but did make it over a huge hurdle...the tracks! I also started to fit the upper casemate which had a huge gap at the bottom since I'm planning on leaving off the track finders. Also begun detailing the casemate as well.

View attachment 124549
View attachment 124550
...the tracks are just dry fitted for the photos.

This kit is actually going together faster then I thought i would so It maybe built and ready for paint here soon. Ordered a commander figure but it's coming all the way from Australia, so I hope it makes it here

I thought I'd seen all the variants of a churchill... This is a new one for me! Coming along nicely Eric.

I'm still waiting on my circle cutter I ordered from Australia back in April. I'm wondering if they shipped it by boat!

:bash:

Wrapped up the building phase on the ol Churchill, and in a record time for me. It always has taken 4-6 months to build up a kit but not this time. It actually went together rather quickly and effortlessly...So off to the paint shed she goes.

CH3-005a.jpg

CH3-005b.jpg

CH3-005c.jpg

CH3-005d.jpg

CH3-005e.jpg

CH3-005f.jpg

Thanks for stopping in for a looky

Thanks Dudes!

No finders Gary as it will mess up the looking I'm going for, more on that later

Back