• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chevrolet 15 cwt truck

Well at least Bruce found a nice perch. He better watch out that he does not fall off - he might break his nose again :yipee

Looking great! :popcorn

Didn't get far today - but I got some photos of an initial dry fit
004.jpg
002.jpg

008-2.jpg

Fitted seats, window screens, dash and bonnet assembly ................... and then life got in the way :bang head

Looking good, man, everyone been busy lately! : :coolio

Quick update - I'm in the thick of it here. It's my last day off and this truck gets finished TODAY :soldier
012.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-2.jpg
018-1.jpg

A new first for me - finally got an airbrush and applied a wee filter yesterday. Might have over done it a tad :huh:

Righto - on to the battle :fencing
1st - Tangle with the roof and doors (I will except one open if I have to)
2nd - Do something with these ugly mirrors
019.jpg

3rd - Perhaps a wee bit more filtering
4th - A light pin wash with some Paynes Grey and the odd rust spot here & there
And finally - load the tilt/bed/deck and I'll call him done :coolio
Wish me luck guys :)

Looking good. I think the filter looks spot on. The Enfields look really good too. (y) (y) (y)
James

We knocked the bugger off :drinks I really appreciate all the positive comments along the way guys B)
I hope you like the finished job.
I haven't done the pin wash as the filter is still tacky, and I think the mirrors might come off (they just look wrong)
I had some fit issues with the roof & doors but I think that stems from something I did ealier in the build :blush:

A couple of teaser shots and the rest go to the completion thread

019-1.jpg

Lazy Bruce, still sitting on his arse

008-3.jpg

Wrong era for this type of thing, but I thought the Scorpian gives it a different touch.

Well guys, I really enjoyed this build. I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried lots of new things that I have picked up - mostly from watching you guys on the many terrific builds here at Modellers Alliance.
( On that note, I will be pretty busy with work until mid November - BUT I will be watching and I really appreciate you guys posting your work. Will post a comment when time allows )

Oh hell, here's one more
022.jpg

Cheers guys :snoopy

Back