• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chevrolet 15 cwt truck

Looking good! never had any problems with the tamiya extra thin on the miniart guys, i hope you can fix it :)
Looking forward to see some bigger pics.
//Mats

I have been splashing a bit of paint around - I cheated a bit (panicking about the deadline) and got a can of Tamiya spray paint - Wooden deck tan and found that XF 55 Deck tan is not the same colour. Mixed 50/50 with Desert yellow it will be close enough for touch up work
008.jpg

005.jpg
006-1.jpg
010.jpg

Still not so sure about the figure's but time will tell.
I'm probably not going to get to carried away with the weathering - just crossing the finish line will be enough for me - although I intend to relax a bit and let the Chev evolve naturally from here on in :)

Cheers Mike. They are not going to fit as I had imagined, (the driver has bailed once he realised he'd be facing a hip operation just to fit in the cab) but I said at the start there would be figures so I'll find a spot for them somewhere :hmmm
Looking forward to them actually (y)

What Deadline?? Thought we have a couple of months at least.

Take your time, it's looking too good to get rushed. :mpup

Cheers MP. I find time has a habit of running away on me. Due to take the family on holiday in a week and then work gets real busy from end of July. So I'm seizing the moment :soldier

Looking good! yeah i know the pain of getting the drivers in there, had to do some serious operation on the driver of my mercedes L4500 (cut away 5mm of he's belly!)
//Mats

Finally getting back to this truck. I am thinking I'll retract my "including figures" stance on this build. I kitted Bruce up and even made a sling for his Lee Enfeild (a first for me), and I was quite happy with myself. Then I got the paint out :blush: I'll let the photos do the talking.
009-2.jpg

I gave Bruce a nose job Dave :)
008-1.jpg

And then the paint :blush:
011-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Considering the amount of time the figures will take and the dubious results I'm achieving, I feel they will put me at risk of not making the build deadline considering how much time I have free (not much).
I'm also at a stage in the build where I cant stitch the cab up until I've got butts on seats. Hope you all can live with my decision - I promise to get some figure work done in the future :cheer:
Build pictures to follow later today

:yipee :yipee Bruce got a nose job :rotf

I can understand very well where your coming from with those figures. Sometimes things just dont work out.

If you really want to use him just put some Camo nets on the floor for his feet to rest on,they are easy to make. :popcorn

Figures are difficult and time consuming! I was inspired your ambition to include the figures and I entertained the notion of doing so as well on mine. I decided against it for the same reason and will attempt a load of crates and cans.
Keep up the good work!

Bill

Cheers guys. Currently anticipating fit issues with cab - I wonder if that is why I have seen so many of these kits finished with "doors open" :S
Photos once I get some good daylight ...... :snoopy

KIWI ,

Good job on th truck Keep it up !! Figures are daunting. Take your time & nail it

Lookin forward to th next update !

:erik

Didn't get far today - but I got some photos of an initial dry fit
004.jpg
002.jpg

008-2.jpg

Fitted seats, window screens, dash and bonnet assembly ................... and then life got in the way :bang head

Back