• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CENTURION SHO'T KAL GIMEL, 1982

test of my previous post:

nKKbTdK.jpg

Whelp, here is the latest. Final assembly done, ready for weathering

NOTE: Turret was not glued on at time I took these pics and boy does it show in that last pic!!!

Ri3cs4r.jpg

RxbbHVo.jpg

3W2eN2a.jpg

INiZtuQ.jpg

eLcLEym.jpg

dsoXudW.jpg

gQUpqou.jpg

XGNH76h.jpg

azoDZn7.jpg

Attachments

• CENT1.jpg
    CENT1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 10
  • CENT2.jpg
    CENT2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 11
  • CENT3.jpg
    CENT3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 15
  • CENT4.jpg
    CENT4.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CENT5.jpg
    CENT5.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13
  • CENT6.jpg
    CENT6.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 13
  • CENT7.jpg
    CENT7.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12
  • CENT8.jpg
    CENT8.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • CENT9.jpg
    CENT9.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 11
that is a drop of water, turret was still wet from when I added the '2' decal on my custom made canvas just behind it, and I plan to correct it using the "air-cure' method, but you are right to point it out!

Looks Great!! 👍😎👍
If the water drops dry out they may leave a tide mark...but you can work that easily with weathering.
🤟

OK here is where it sits. Note that the turret is on straight and the water mark is long gone. I have the basic oil weathering done. Just have to smooth out a few spots, then on to powders. Note that as this is going to be in a field of sunflowers most of the running gear will be hidden/partially obscured, so I'll work that once I get onto the base, which is next on my little hit parade
aza.jpg

azb.jpg

azc.jpg
azd.jpg
azf.jpg
azg.jpg

OK SO I THINK I HAVE DISQUALIFIED MYSELF FOR THIS CAMPAIGN

I originally said this would be my first diorama/vignette, but despite creating a bas & buying nearly $100 in sunflowers, they just don't "look right". Rather than place this on the "shelf of doom", I have decided to finish the tank as you see below - quite possibly some of my best work yet! At the same time though, i do not feel comfortable to put this in the "Completed Builds" thread, so here she sits.

(Note: the camera really shows what you missed, & I see that I did not get one area on the rear of the turret. Otherwise, as i said earlier, this is one of my best builds!!!)
ZA1.jpg
ZA2.jpg
ZA3.jpg
ZA4.jpg
ZA5.jpg
ZA6.jpg
ZA7.jpg
ZA8.jpg
ZA9.jpg
ZA10.jpg
ZA11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: