• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Camo Compilation Campaign

iambrb

How about a CRAZY camo Compilation campaing build?

Any Armored vehicle, any era. But......MUST have a minimum of three colors in the camo scheme!

Possible Examples:
Pretty much most German stuff
Modern US Woodland Camo
Modern German/Bundeswhere (Apologies in advance to Laura for my poor typing of the fine German language)
Korean Woddland-like camo
Modern Russian camo
Modern Digital camo
Italaian 60's-70's camo
japanese ww2 and modern stuff too
Czech pre-war, soem French Pre-war

There must be a host of others I have not thought of.

Three color SEA pattern for US aircraft, Splinter on Luftwaffe?

Two color camos can be very challenging. The Zebra pattern on PT Boats would go nicely. The Dazzle pattern on US aircraft, why limit it to Armor?

I would think the spirit of the suggestions suggests real, unless you build a sci fi model. I would also guess that it would encompass figures, a/c, ships, armour as all have worn complex cammo.

James

But even sci-fi can be real if you do an actor/character. Look at Shatner or Ford, Nimoy ect.

The list is endless. Fonda/Barbarella - West/Batman- McDowell/Cornelius. Great figure options.

What?

Anyways, I'd be up for this one, great idea. Probably do an AFV with 3-tone camo and some guys standing around wearing
camo uniforms...in the woods or something.

I think I know what Chip is talking about. Bruce has already made the call for this to be non-fiction.

Dig out yer reference book to find the most lavish camo out there and go from there (y)

Keep it real chaps we already have a sci-fi campaign and the future earth build going on

Well....no offense aginst sci-fi, but non-fiction as to SUBJECT, but nearly antyhing goes from there (except maybe a HELLO KITTY T-55 or similar)

I originally thunked aromr, but would be oepn to aircraft as well!

I think factual real life schemes would be challenging enough. Opening it up to anything will draw the most folks.

so, who's in? Get enough and we have a Campaign.

I am in. It will be ither a Marder or a pre-war Czech Pz-38 that I have been wanting to do for some time.

I see what you mean, MP. Got ot Goolge Images, and type "Hello Kitty Tank"

HOLD THE PHONE...GOT IT!!!!! TAMIYA LEOPARD 2A6 HEL VAIRANT
chinese pla-99 as possible backup)

I re read- it needs to be a vehicle...

stash.JPG

it's on the left the 251/1 hanomag halftrack, this is too recent for the Blitzkerieg build, so I goes here. If you guys are nice I may have it towing the PAK 40.

When is this due?

hey, this appears to be gaining traction!

I think I am at five right now:

me
MoonPup
TomN
KryptosDaddy
Andy Fettes
Leopard2

if Jknaus were to hop in, we are at 6!!!

Anymore?

Kryptos-that Hanomag towing a PAK gun would be super-cool

Oh! Btw...that Korean MBT sounds cool, but if "Leopard2" Wants to build his namesake, i will certainly defer and do something else................

I have plenty of modern stuff to choose from but I think since I did so many NATO 3-Color kits over the years it is time for something different. Even though I do have the Tamiya Leopard 2A6 w/ Voyager PE, Armor depot barrel, Bronco tracks and Perfect Scale engine. Hmmmm choices, choices, choices. No, I stay with my first choice.

Joe

i have been asked in a pm if i would be interested joining this gb ...

short answer: thank you but no!

i have too much on my plate and too little to almost no benchtime!

Back