• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2 - Bell 47

ij001

Well this should keep my attention !! - Italeri's super little Bell 47. I have the USCG boxing (kit number 859), which comes with the huge pontoon floats and red/orange plastic (Ughhh :sick: ), but I'll cope with that. Again like the Boeing, I'll post the start-up pics when it hits the bench in a few weeks time.

hf4b8bf2.jpg

AFN

Ian.

I have this same kit, but as a gun carrying VN bird. The tail boom rigging is a bit thick and the landing cross tubs are too thin. I plan to remake the tail boom with narrower metal rods(hope it's not too heavy) and thicker tubes for the landing gear(Plan to use metal ball point ink tubes). I might get to it when ever I finish the UH-1H i'm working on now. Keep finding more things I have to scratch on it. :facepalm . Good luck with your build, I'll stay tuned.
I'm planning to build mine as an Aussie bird in VN. I had to fly down to Nui Dat (an Aussie base camp) in a Loch to fix my Cobra. As we were landing this Aussie guy was taking off next to us and he was, I guess, really trying to impress us as he was pulling max collective and as much forward speed as he could. :woohoo: Gary

Back