• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bronco's SPG Bishop

What do you guys think about this limber from a private collection?.

no27_mk1_limber__4_.jpg

Don't know for sure,but it looks like galvanized metal to me...could paint stick to galvanized metal without primer being used?
I don't really know,sorry to be not that helpfull,Tony,...but maybe someone else has the answer.

Greetings,Ron.

What do you guys think about this limber from a private collection?.

no27_mk1_limber__4_.jpg

Here is a picture taken out in the field and it looks like the trays are painted to me.
Bishop10.jpg

What would you do?

Tony lee

Maybe this video might help. Seems to have been taken at a Canadian museum possibly in Ottawa or thereabouts given the bilingual placards.

Limber is about 1:28 into the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUg3tsc_kCw&playnext=1&list=PLCCE3DC5F873F1011&feature=results_video

Cheers

Ron it will stick but not for very long.

More searching turned up these pictures
DSCF6186.jpg

DSCF6740.jpg

I guess i'll get the Alclad out, the plastic needed primer anyway. :D

Tony lee

No Ron I don't think they have a galvanize color but i've got several
of the others and i'll see how close I can get with a mix. :dance

Thanks
Tony lee

OK sports fans how does this grab you?

003-8.jpg

The rest of the detail painting can continue now but not today my back is killin me. :java
Tony lee

Sorry to hear of your back Hope it gets better soon.

That is perfect add some grime etc and it will be a Stunner! :notworthy

Looking good Tony! (y)

Can you tell us what Alclad paint you used,...might have a try on that my self someday.

Greetings,Ron.

Lets see Ron I sprayed Steel on first and then a light dusting of Dark Aluminum.

For the brass, first a coat of Tamiya Bronze and then lightly dusted with Model Master Brass Metallizer.

How's that buddy
Tony lee

Chuck they might be crazy but i'll tell you what wheels are a breeze compared to those things. :gogo

You're a good man Charlie Brown,Thanks

Tony lee

I can think of a lot of diorama scenes to create using that limber and those individual ammo trays. I might just get one of these kits for my Normandy gun diorama.

That limber looks exquisite.

Cheers

I have the 25pdr with limber, started it but put it back in the box again after fighting all that PE, it was just not fun to build it.
It has alot of nice details but to complicated, i bought the one from dragon instead.
I'm glad to see that someone manage to make a nice one :)
Great work Tony!
//Mats

Back