• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bronco's SPG Bishop

Oh yeah there's some PE Pup,I put two pieces on today,can you find them?

Tankbuilder I was just reading a post about those and there seems to be some questions of doubt
about them.

Tony lee :idonno

Oh yeah there's some PE Pup,I put two pieces on today,can you find them?

Tankbuilder I was just reading a post about those and there seems to be some questions of doubt
about them.

Tony lee :idonno

Here's one source for that claim:

The 17-Pounder Anti-Tank Gun in Canadian Service

By Cookie Sewell

"Occasionally the No. 27 limber (same as with the 25-pounder field gun) was used for extra ammo storage, but it did increase the overall length of the gun under tow)."

Cheers

Yeah and some say with the ammo being longer the trays were mounted sideways but no one can come up with any photo proof. :idonno

Tony lee

Howdy Folks :Hiay

Other than some minor clean up and the two door latches that fit in the middle panel
I say the construction is complete.
001-20.jpg

002-19.jpg

003-7.jpg

Did they have safety chains up there on the tongue by the hitch eye?

Very nice limber kit
Tony lee

I really, really, REALLY like that limber. With 32 rounds included inside the limber the diorama possibilities are many if the cartridges and shells were separated into individual units like I'm doing qith one of my Tamiya 25 pounder gun/howitzers.

Cheers

When I first saw pictures of this kit I realy liked it, but with the interiour i'm lacking the skills to finish it. And honoustly at that time I thought, this is a build for Tony Lee (y)

And now I can enjoy seeing it build, by the master of interiour Tony Lee (y) :notworthy

Erik

The shells and projectiles are separate with the Bishop TB.
I was a little disappointed that they weren't with the limber BUT even though they are one solid piece, if you have a razor saw it would be easy to cut them apart.
The trays have a partition in the middle with the projectile in the front and the bass case in the rear.

Erik
Don't sell yourself short,it's not that difficult.
The brass PE can be intense at times on the gun because its so small,just don't drop any. :bang head

Thanks Dave
The kit is a nice one to start with, all I did was follow the instructions. (Kind of) ;)

Thanks All
Tony lee

Randy you mean I got one on you? :laugh:

I think they are in the Bronco 25 pounder cannon kit and the limited addition Bishop/w limber kit.
I don't think you can get them separately.

DML also has a 25 pounder kit with limber and I might get one so i'll have a limber for my Archer when I build it. (a comparison build)

Good to see ya buddy
Tony lee

When I first saw pictures of this kit I realy liked it, but with the interiour i'm lacking the skills to finish it. And honoustly at that time I thought, this is a build for Tony Lee (y)

And now I can enjoy seeing it build, by the master of interiour Tony Lee (y) :notworthy

Erik

You can always put a tarp over the opening.

Cheers

Put a tarp over the opening :huh:
The interior is the jewel in the crown.

May the force forgive you :D
Tony lee

The sweet smell of paint in the morning :eek:hyeah

001-21.jpg

002-20.jpg

The color is as close as I could get it with what I had available.
Never claimed to be a master paint mixer :laugh:

Later folks
Tonylee

The sweet smell of paint in the morning :eek:hyeah

001-21.jpg

002-20.jpg

The color is as close as I could get it with what I had available.
Never claimed to be a mater paint mixer :laugh:

Later folks
Tonylee

Really nice Tony, by the time you get wash, filter, dust, chips and everything, the color will be right on

:soldier

What do you guys think about this limber from a private collection?.

no27_mk1_limber__4_.jpg

Here is a picture taken out in the field and it looks like the trays are painted to me.
Bishop10.jpg

What would you do?

Tony lee

Back