• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

gZfFJTu.jpg

:) G'day MA,
back with a bit of an art update.
I am currently trying to finish a new Brokeneagles painting that is getting pretty 'long in the tooth' as I painted the original concept this time last year.
45421969_1909946019040863_407268242323668992_o.jpg

So this was the original idea for a ZG26 Me110 C-7 belly landed and abandoned near the coast.
My inspiration came from 2 places, the first being the fact that I am building an Me 110 (which i have used extensively as a reference for all details. The other was a photo of an abandoned 110 in North Africa from ZG26 (below).
WIN_20191118_22_53_12_Pro.jpg

Since last November I have been coming back to this painting and refining it in between other projects and model works. This time has been spent 'tightening' the lines from the initial sketch and building the detail and finish in all areas such as the sky, sand and aircraft details.
This is where I am at now and are desperately trying to finish this before Xmas as a friend has ordered a print as a Xmas present. Engines are just blocked in as black and the canopy is still in its middle stages.
me110concept_004.jpg

As a final image I thought a few of you may find it interesting to see a screen image of my painting program in action while I was doing the detail on the wings a couple of weekends ago. In this image you see what I see as I paint with my digital pen/brush - on the right side are the layers, the left has the color pallet, the top left has the tools and the top shows all of the brushes I have placed in my 'Favourites' brush selection.
75349038_2472958109406315_8841011980622888960_o.jpg

Questions welcome :good:
Ian.

WOW! :eek:hmy: That is impressive! I would have been happy with the concept art. can't wait to see how this turns out.
:v

How many times can I say beautiful, gorgeous, or fantastic!

Your art is impeccable Ian! I'm proud to count you as a friend!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bob

My daughter working with a mentor through our "local" Generator maker space that is a cartoonist/illustrator and teaches at one of the local colleges. They work with a similar program, that is tablet-based and they draw directly on the screen. Is this how you do your paintings?

:) Hey guys, thanks for the replying and commenting.

PaulW - from the previous post that I missed...thank you. That's quite a compliment!

Chris - from the previous post that I missed...thank you. Remember it needs to be on the wall to live and breathe man :laugh:

Mike thanks x 2... i missed yours as well.

Eric, thanks mate. I was happy with the concept but the perspective needed fixing in places and as I am a detail hound I needed to go further than what I initially had.

Bob, thanks mate. Same here. Always appreciate your support. :) :dude

John, thanks x2 missed yours as well...well the dogs anyway. :good:

They work with a similar program, that is tablet-based and they draw directly on the screen. Is this how you do your paintings?
Yes mostly these days, though I do mix the WW2 stuff with oil paint and still do my landscape art in oil paints. The digital tablet is great for the Sci-fi as it delivers very vibrant colors and the brush allows you more control, as it is more like a pen in how you operate and hold it than a brush - you can see it clipped to the top of the tablet in its holder.
Here are some pics of my new 32inch painting tablet from WACOM. Its mounted on its own swing arm, as it 'weighs-in' at about 21Kgms', which I think is about 46 Lbs.
This one is the top of the line model that the digital gaming artists use in the professional studios with 4K resolution- my art Ferrari.
55437888_2106332999402163_2018068002674573312_o.jpg

55485879_2106332972735499_7027797219134668800_o.jpg

Thanks again for looking in,
Ian.

Thanks for showing your work area Ian! (y) (y) (y)

As MP stated, it is amazing!

I know how those super monitors make things much nicer as I picked up a 32 inch 4k LG monitor about a year ago and love it. I do a fair amount of work in Canvas. All the pics I post are done in it and it can work as a CAD program as well. Coupled with a wide carriage printer I just printed out a drawing of the P-38 I am working on showing the rivet patterns in scale. The top of the wing is the critical part as many of them are terribly weathered and worn.

:) Hey guys, thanks for the replying and commenting.

PaulW - from the previous post that I missed...thank you. That's quite a compliment!

Chris - from the previous post that I missed...thank you. Remember it needs to be on the wall to live and breathe man :laugh:

Mike thanks x 2... i missed yours as well.

Eric, thanks mate. I was happy with the concept but the perspective needed fixing in places and as I am a detail hound I needed to go further than what I initially had.

Bob, thanks mate. Same here. Always appreciate your support. :) :dude

John, thanks x2 missed yours as well...well the dogs anyway. :good:

They work with a similar program, that is tablet-based and they draw directly on the screen. Is this how you do your paintings?
Yes mostly these days, though I do mix the WW2 stuff with oil paint and still do my landscape art in oil paints. The digital tablet is great for the Sci-fi as it delivers very vibrant colors and the brush allows you more control, as it is more like a pen in how you operate and hold it than a brush - you can see it clipped to the top of the tablet in its holder.
Here are some pics of my new 32inch painting tablet from WACOM. Its mounted on its own swing arm, as it 'weighs-in' at about 21Kgms', which I think is about 46 Lbs.
This one is the top of the line model that the digital gaming artists use in the professional studios with 4K resolution- my art Ferrari.
55437888_2106332999402163_2018068002674573312_o.jpg

55485879_2106332972735499_7027797219134668800_o.jpg

Thanks again for looking in,
Ian.

Very kewl, what software are you running?

That is some incredible work. I like how you include your concept sketch so we can see how the images evolve into the masterpieces they become.

Cheers,
James

That is some incredible work. I like how you include your concept sketch so we can see how the images evolve into the masterpieces they become.

Cheers,
James

Thanks James, glad you appreciate the background as well. Apologies for the delay in replying.

Luiz,
thanks mate. :). sorry for the delayed reply.

Ian.

Wow Ian, the technology!!!!!

You're way above my pay grade!!! I still draw and paint the old fashioned way!

Fantastic! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Bob

Ian,

I have been gone for awhile but I just saw your art work and it’s amazing!! Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration!!

Thanks for the posts Ausf, Bob and Joe.
Again i was very slow on the reply, apologies :facepalm - i really appreciate your interest. :good:
Happy Xmas. (y)

Ian.

Something I have done recently as part of a graphic novel idea . I am slowly working on a coffee table story book format that will hopefully be completed in a couple of years or so.
This is the base landscape but I will create a scifi version with my chracter from the Drumheller painting riding out of the mist in the middle background with maybe a rusty Hwy sign still poking out of the water on an angle
.TDWGsmallerwframe.jpg
I am always working on bits and pieces but this year has been more collating ideas and model building. I will post up some of my concepts and sketches as well so that you can see some of my ideas in their raw form.

Ian.

Back