• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

As promised here is a current project I am working on........ in another world called the Spaceport series.
I still have a way to go on this one but I am enjoying where I am at with it at present. This matches with my other character paintings from the Spaceport story that I have posted here.
helmet_001web.jpg

a new character for my Spaceport story, amongst other things(too many paintings on the go at present as well as scale model commissions).

This one is still in progress at bout 65-70% complete. The Character is a Trans Corp Engineer this time, rigged up for harsh environments on offworld colonies. He is a multi -project veteran with the 'scratches' to prove it. He looks pretty mean and is a bit of a badass having served in the military arm of Transcorp and as a privateer /contractor merc in the early years of the development projects.

These are some other sketches that are current but I have just saved for a future idea...

sketch 8.jpg

concept speeder 2.jpgTUG 1.jpgcargo ship.jpg

droid2web.jpg
mech walker head idea 1.jpg

sketch 9a.jpg

Last edited:
Love the spaceport work.

I still need to get mine framed up and hung.....been slacking. :tomato: I'll have to pull them out and get some measurements and keep them handy for my next art supply order.

Ian,

I just saw this thread. WOW! This is awesome work! Now I have to go through all 24 pages to catch up. I am certain it will be time well spent.

These rock! Maybe someday they'll all go into a story and we'll eventually see them on the Big Screen! Then there'll be plastic models made and then....

Well, a man can dream hey? I really love all these and wish I had the whole collection.

Barney, it is time well spent!

Just finished the thread. I am absolutely astounded by the quality of your artwork.

I also viewed your website. I gotta scrape together some $$ and encourage my family that this would be an excellent gift for Hubby/Dad/gran-pa.

Thank you everyone for posting and a Massive apology from me to Barney, Duke , Chris, Paul, Mike and MP. I have been absent for a month and missed your kind words and interest in my art, so I feel pretty bad when you have made the effort to let me know how much you like it!
:smack::(.
I have been really busy with 3 paintings on the go, this one, a me110 that I have shown here and a Tiger 1 painting that I will post up here shortly.
No models done in the last month and a half but will be getting back to those now to get my head back in WW2 for my WIP Dios and my paintings.
Spaceport 3 - Transcorp Engineer.
Finally got my Mojo back into gear with a new Scifi painting - my 3rd character in Spaceport series story that I am developing. My previous post had this in the early stages but I will show my initial sketch and the completed one. Just finished this last night!
This one is still in progress at bout 65-70% complete.
The Character is a Trans Corp Engineer this time, rigged up for harsh environments on offworld colonies.
He is a multi -project veteran with the 'scratches' to prove it. He looks pretty mean and is a bit of a badass having served in the military arm of Transcorp and as a privateer /contractor merc in the early years of the development projects. Trained to build and repair military and industrial rigs located in the far reaches of the TransCorp Empire , even out to the edges of the galaxies spiral arm dust belt.
He doesn't look for trouble but that doesn't mean it can't find him
!
Below is my initial sketch and the finished art work. You can clearly see how the idea comes to life. When I did the original sketch it was all about the shape, after which it becomes a rolling idea tht grows with each stage. My previous post had me saying that I thought I was 60-70% complete.....I couldn't have been more wrong as I was only at about 20%!

TRANSCORP ENG sketch.jpg

TRANSCORP ENG 1.jpg

Last edited:
Love the spaceport work.
I still need to get mine framed up and hung.....been slacking. :tomato: I'll have to pull them out and get some measurements and keep them handy for my next art supply order.
I would love to see a photo of them on the wall once done - always great to see where they end up at the other end.:)

Ian,

I just saw this thread. WOW! This is awesome work! Now I have to go through all 24 pages to catch up. I am certain it will be time well spent
....... Just finished the thread. I am absolutely astounded by the quality of your artwork.
I also viewed your website. I gotta scrape together some $$ and encourage my family that this would be an excellent gift for Hubby/Dad/gran-pa.
Thanks Barney, enjoy the journey. I know I did.:good:
I will be doing some more updates to the website too. You thionk I would have enough time but I actually don't have enough even in lockdown!:ph:

These rock! Maybe someday they'll all go into a story and we'll eventually see them on the Big Screen! Then there'll be plastic models made and then....

Well, a man can dream hey? I really love all these and wish I had the whole collection.
Hey Duke, great dream....I think I have had that one a few times myself but it never just rolls that way. Back to the desk/ drawing table.:good:Glad you like the art and thanks for the passion!!:tens:

Ian.

The engineer looks very "experienced", the details make this special. Looking forward to the next update. :vgood::Drinks:

"Thanks Barney, enjoy the journey. I know I did.:good:
I will be doing some more updates to the website too. You think I would have enough time but I actually don't have enough even in lockdown."

I can imagine! It seems that the potential endless time we were supposed to have was quickly occupied by the everyday.

A scifi update.........among the many projects I am juggling at present, one of my main goals is to finish developing a graphic novel /story book concept, so that I have some basics to display at an International show that I have been selected for, that was postponed this year but will be back in Sept. 2021(if all goes well). This story is Drumheller Apocalypse which I posted my first piece of artwork for back in 2016.
This story is linked with the Spaceport Universe but is set on Earth earlier, after a *von Neumann Machine/Probe(Self-replicating machine that has been sent from another world.) crashes in North America . The machine unpacks itself and uses what it has brought with it, combined with metalic based materials from its immediate area, to generate a livable local environment and begin expanding its influence outwards, changing all sentient life within range into a metallic form via a plague called the 'change'.
This is one of my characters from the story, who is displaying symptoms of late stage 1 of the change {from exposure to the metal plague].

*Von Neumann architecture, is the conceptual model of nearly all computer architecture. Von Neumann was a Hungarian Mathematician that developed the 'stored computer concept' in the early part of the 20th century. After which scientists have speculated that life may expand itself out into the universe using Von Neumann like, self replicating technology, to overcome the vast time frames required to colonise the darkness.

Hope you like it........sleep well, pleasant dreams.

DH CHARACTER 1h.jpg

stage 2 conceptweb.jpgrobot skel web.jpg

Last edited:
Back