• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Thanks Luiz, Mike, MP and Duke. :v :)

Ian, if you don't mind me asking, how are you doing your paintings? Are you using an illustration program? I use PreCreate, insert juvenile joke here, on my iPad Pro for my safety posters.

Hi Gator, sorry for the slow reply. I am 'flat out' at present working 2 jobs :blink l use KRITA which is a freeware program developed by artists for artists. I highly recommend it as it is very intuitive as has 'oodles' of free brush packs. (y)
follow this link to download.
https://krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/

Ian.

:Hiay
G'day all....looks like I will be doing some projects with a diecast model soldier company. I will post a sneak preview here of my quick concept layout for my first project, a limited edition release artwork and a Unit shield, as soon as I get the OK from them. I may also be doing some master paint-works for their vehicles and planes in the future so I will keep you posted.
Stay tuned if it grabs your interest as I will release more info soon. :good:

As I mentioned earlier I am doing a project currently for a limited edition 109 G6. It will be Herman Graf's plane from September 1943 when he was assigned to JGr50 - a special unit to deal with the daylight raids. I have completed the landscape background and I am currently working on the plane. Here is a preview of my progress from a couple of days ago....
Believe it or not this will be my first flying plane painting and not a brokeneagle :huh: :snoopy
109construction_lines.jpg

graf_me109update_31082018.jpg

graf_me109_color_2_gun_pod.jpg

I am working on the RLM 74 & 75 cammo for the sides, the markings and the weathering, then the light rendering. These will all bring this plane to life as they are the final "special effects" that make it appear more real than the flat color base.

Regards
Ian Hill

(y) G'day everyone. Here is my nearly completed Me 109 G6, one of a few flown by Herman Graf in Autumn 1943 in Defence of the Reich.The B17's are illustrations as well and are derived from the landscape painting as well. I thought it was a nice touch to bring them in to this technical ISO projection profile and fade them as a background feature without them overpowering the 109.
I enjoyed this one a lot and are planing a number of collectible paintings of the Me 109 Series variants all from this same angle. The next will most probably be a Me 109 K4 from 1945 depicted in the 'way cool' cammo of green and brown from the end of the series, complete with batch numbers on the tail and hand painted fuselage numbers with paint that has run down the frame.
hope you like this one, I do. The version for the model company has a full landscape which i can't show here yet.

graf_me109_G6_Special_v3~0.jpg

Fantastic work, Ian!...the colors contrast, really, are incridible...one of the best drawing of this eagle that I´ve ever seen...and this plane is one of my favs :eek:ldguy ... congratulations :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Luiz.

(y) :)
Thanks Luiz, great feedback. I feel a little more confident now with giving the finished project to the customer as i know you know your 109's. Like a quality check! :laugh: (y)
(relieved) :eek:hyeah

Thanks James, glad you like it. :)

Ian

:) Thanks to everyone for the replies and interest.
Glad you like it. That really helps.
This will get a little more love on the detail side then some final overall layout finishing and it will be ready.
Stay tuned as in my usual fashion i will post a few close-ups to show the detail that i have obsessed over for the last 100 hours.
:blink :snoopy :)

HE -yes. Thanks for the compliment. Just a few last details to do and i will post here the sizes and mediums available. etc :hmmm

:good:
Ian.

:) Thanks Chris and Duke.

Well it's finally finished and as promised here is the completed spec edition G6 and some close-ups.
I added the specification details as well as the factory nameplate (put on the 109's on the line) to the format of the layout to give it a detailed specification piece as opposed to a normal painting with a landscape - you can see a 'scaled down' version on the plane via the close-up, just to the lower right underneath the MG bulge. If you printed the whole G6 picture big enough that name plate has all the readable detail just like the larger version to the lower right on the print.
:gogo
Hope you like it and good luck to whoever enters the 'Pilots and their Planes' campaign as this or a possible choice of some others will be the prize as a print.

graf_me109_G6_Specialweb.jpg

graf_me109_G6_crop_1.jpg

graf_me109_G6_crop_2.jpg

Back