• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Personel Update:
This week I got the Dec issue of their(King & Country) magazine in the mail with the back page dedicated to a promo of the Jasnuary release. See below. I haven't seen the box yet but as soon as I do I will post a photo here. :)
48396031_1964698050232326_7650448858647887872_n.jpg

:) Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am looking forward to seeing what they have done with my artwork for the box so please stay tuned.

Ian.

Ian, your artwork definitely looks better than their model! Too bad the artwork couldn't be blown up for a large painting on the wall.

Will be waiting on the next installment.

Well, once again thank you for the interest and kind remarks Duke and Luiz. :v :)

Ian, your artwork definitely looks better than their model! Too bad the artwork couldn't be blown up for a large painting on the wall.

Will be waiting on the next installment.

HE, thanks, thats a big tick! :good: :)
There is actually a full size canvas (60cm wide) signed and numbered, available as an additional collectable for purchase [limited run of 30] to collectors who buy one of the 300 models. I check back with the company to authenticate the purchase before the sale.

Ian.

:Hiay
Happy New Year everyone.
Just a quick update - finished off my second profile artwork in the new series during Xmas and I am applying the final touches to the background. Will post here soon - Me 109 G2 Eastern front.

Stay tuned - this will be another choice for the campaign winner - pilots and their planes. :)

Regards
Ian.

:Hiay
Happy New Year everyone.
Just a quick update - finished off my second profile artwork in the new series during Xmas and I am applying the final touches to the background. Will post here soon - Me 109 G2 Eastern front.

Stay tuned - this will be another choice for the campaign winner - pilots and their planes. :)

Regards
Ian.

This must be cool :popcorn ...

Luiz.

:dude
Back with the new profile as promised.
This one is Lt. Walter Krupinski's Me 109 G2. At this time he was operating with 6/JG 52 in the support role for the push to and attack on Stalingrad. It was also around this time(a little earlier in the year) that another young pilot came under his 'wing', so to speak, to learn the 'ways of the force', Eric Hartman.
I picked the Pokorov I16 to highlight the technology gap that could still appear on the Eastern front even in late 1942. There were still a lot of I16 squadrons operating in the defense of Stalingrad, with a few Russian pilots achieving the level of Ace even in these obsolete machines. The I16 had the advantage of maneuverability but was slower and under-gunned. I have added a lot of new details to create the G2 and Krupinski's plane had some distinct details that were rarely seen such as the lack of the cockpit intake cone on the forward windscreen panel, the holes in the engine cowling for a removed tropical filter and the early use of the gun pods.
You can easily tell who is the hunter and who is the prey just by the designs.
Hope you like it. This is now another choice for the winner of the Pilots and Planes campaign.
Krupinski_me109_G2_webfinal~0.jpg

I thought I replied to this earlier, but must have hit the wrong button. Looks great, Ian! Excellent as always! (y)

Back