• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

British street scene

Ted

I started building a scene of a British street during WW2. The two women will be walking into a corner pub. The Airfix car was fun to build but I think it's going to take some work to make it look like it's not a toy. It's painted with Humbrol enamel and has a long way to go. The Tilly was a dream to build and just needs a bit of weathering. The detail is great and it fell together in one evening. The figures are the Airfix driver with a Warriors(I think) head and glasses from a set of allied straps and accessories, a very nice figure from SKP and two of the figures from Bronco's new set of female soldiers. The Bronco figures are really well sculpted and molded.

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8153.jpg

that looks very promising ted!

that green sports car reminds me of the car captain hastings owns in one of the new hercule poirot episodes :) ( = i love that car!)

Ted,
Nice idea. A lot of Land Army girls went to the pubs after work and on week-ends.
They were also the cause of several bouts of boxing amongst the lads(GI's)also, as my wife can testify to.
Cheers
John

G'Day Ted,
Looking nice, i'm looking at somehing similar for the next MP GB and have found a nice alternative to painting Olive Green or Field Grey. Wee Friends produce this nice looking flat foot,i picked mine up from Firestorm here in the land of OZ. Keep the pictures coming.

pi_20111_20100721_1270113249.jpg

Adrian

Thanks folks.

Laura, I had to look up Captain Hasting's car, apparently its a Lagonda Funny, the actor that played him is Wellington from the Sharpe shows.

John, I bet she has some great stories.

Adrian, that's a great figure, please share in-progress shots.

Ted

Some work on the base tonight. My wife's been busy with a new job and my kid is away for holidays so I've had lots of time to model lately B)

The sidewalk and cobblestone street is latex by Kancali, the pub is foamcore and matboard so far, lots of work to do. I put a helmet in the MG, does anybody know what the W is for? I've seen photos of British civilians wearing them.

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

Hey Ted
Looking good mate. Nice to see a mix of army and civvy...
The W would stand for Warden, and worn by ARP Wardens (Air Raid Precaution) you know the ons who would get all off the streets and into the bunkers or tube tunnels...

Brad :side:

Back