• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BRDM-2

jknaus

Administrator
After a few days (early mornings) work here I am. Vallejo Black Primer inside. When dry a white coat.

DSC03117.JPG

DSC03119.JPG

DSC03116.JPG

For some reason I shaved off the pneumatic? / Hydraulic? lines and added lead wire. To be joined to the wheel when finished.

DSC03118.JPG

I dont know what I am going to paint yet. Have a neat picture of a Mali version from a few weeks ago, but not enough to know what markings it has. Bought some Deep Green to do a Russian one so maybe subconsciously that is my plan. Really want to do a NBCD vehicle, but not enough pictures / plans of the early version to make brackets and flags. Anyone who has some good pics of something colourful by all means post. I actually even considered a Syrian police vehicle, but that would be brutal to paint..
James

Sort of wish you'd never asked, eh?

rkhaberdeen2.jpg

rkhaberdeen3.jpg

rkhb1.jpg

rkhb2.jpg

rkhb3.jpg

rkhb4.jpg

rkhb5.jpg

rkhb6.jpg

Still more coming, and I haven't touched the manuals yet!

Regards,

So it looks like everything in the hull is green while everything above the hull is white. Thanks for saving me from a big oops. I've spent a week looking for BRDM pics and 90% seem to be models. Funny how it is so hard to find for such a common vehicle. Much appreciated Saul.
James

]

Now for some cool shots...

1352415046054.jpg

Enjoy,

Okay now this has to be photo shopped. I do like the last one, but thats a UM so now I have a reason to buy the UM version. The Police one looks interesting, but finding markings would be hard. If I am to finish this I will probably have to build a plain jane one or I might get too into details and fail once again to complete. Really appreciate all the pics though Saul.
James

1352415046054.jpg

Okay now this has to be photo shopped. I do like the last one, but thats a UM so now I have a reason to buy the UM version.

James, because of all the details, like the blown out glass, I am not so sure. I do find it interesting that the bottom of the turret doesn't show any details. I need to see if this is from a movie.

As for the UM, look closer. There is a turret under a white tarp.

Regards,

Continuation

rkhb7.jpg

rkhb8.jpg

rkhb9.jpg

rkhb11.jpg

rkhb12.jpg

rkhb13.jpg

rkhb14.jpg

rkhb15.jpg

A few more...

Regards,

Somehow I totally missed these pics. Some I had which gave me the idea in the first place. The bottom ones really help. I think I can make those. Thanks a ton Saul. Something to wprk with tonight. Appreciate it.

]

Now for some cool shots...

1352415046054.jpg

Enjoy,

Okay now this has to be photo shopped. I do like the last one, but thats a UM so now I have a reason to buy the UM version. The Police one looks interesting, but finding markings would be hard. If I am to finish this I will probably have to build a plain jane one or I might get too into details and fail once again to complete. Really appreciate all the pics though Saul.
James

This is a snap shot from the movie the 9th company, A Russian movie about an Aborne Company in Afghanistan, simular to Platoon. You can find the movie on YouTube, its in Russian with english subtitles. My wife hates the movie. I love it as they are using real Russian kit and filmed in one of the friendlier stans. The actual sence is near the end of the movie when the relieve colume gets shot up.

James

Slow but sure. Decided I just want to finish so buttoning up and doing almost oob.

DSC03129.JPG

DSC03130.JPG

DSC03131.JPG

Will gather more info and another kit to build the NBC vehicle because it intrigues me. But right now I just want to finish one.
James

Back