• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bomber Command Dave Challenge

We good, I think. I hadn't put the outer wings on so I slipped some lead weights in. IF it was enough I'm not sure. I'll have more time to deal with it tomorrow and this weekend.

It's big. :blink

hdad35f1.jpg

:pilot

She fills nose heavy now so we might be ok.

Stumbled on this, last interview with Jack Northrop. Tells the real reason the contract for 200+ b49s were canceled and it's enough to piss ya off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_o257DZE0

Yep, the flying wings debacle ranks up there with the Canadian Arrow as examples of politics meddling with otherwise fruitful projects and the massive amount of waste of our money. It is sad in both of these incidents that no aircraft were preserved. I have read elsewhere that Mr. Symington was a good buddy of Convair's president, in his pocket so to speak and if so it explains a lot of the end result.

Still in line to finish this one by tomorrow night. Lost a day when I took the kids to the Aquarium yesterday.

hc78a62a.JPG

Switched the pilot figures for more generick ones because I want to do my Academy kit as one that is also in flight doing a dive bomb to show off the PE dive brakes.

h7077c25.JPG

Doesn't sound like a loss. I doubt I'll have mine done on time, I got three days with clear agenda and a lot of painting to do.

Yeah, I lost a day and a half because of a post Christmas sugar crash. :blush:

Got the primer and underside color on today and hope to still get the first coat on the top side but still won't be done tomorrow.

Doesn't sound like a loss. I doubt I'll have mine done on time, I got three days with clear agenda and a lot of painting to do.
Well I hope your having as much fun as I am having Bob :mpup

I did enjoy the Aquarium except all the people that was there Next time I am going there on my own when its not tourist season and hopefully no bus loads of jabbering Chinese tourist How can those people even think with all the noise they make.

Yeah, I lost a day and a half because of a post Christmas sugar crash. :blush:

Got the primer and underside color on today and hope to still get the first coat on the top side but still won't be done tomorrow.
How can you let me win TWICE IN A ROW OH THE SHAME!!!

Blah blah blah!!! ;) :laugh:

Managed to get the painting done last night and put the future coat on this morning after I snapped these pics. I'll finish painting and install the landing gear later this morning and then decal this afternoon. Just might be able to pull this off yet. Maybe then the Efricken will get off my back. :D

05MosquitoMKIV.jpg

06MosquitoMKIV.jpg

Translation issue or typo? :rotf

07MosquitoMKIV.jpg

Looks great man! I love the clean camo job! Watch out installing that mud guard; it might bite if it is that mad!

Go Dave!

I got so Mr Surfacer on some seam lines, got some photos lined up but want to get the prepped surface done before posting them.
:soldier

Basicly done only need some touch ups and flatten it back down Hope some of the color variences come back when its flat again.

h686d027.JPG

h6782ae5.JPG

h26cc888.JPG

Nice work guys!

Bob - the issue that we had was with the seam between the middle wing and wing ends. I was just consulting for a team at work in a model contest. Basically I told them how to fix the goofs, not how to prevent them.

:drinks

Back