• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bomber Command Dave Challenge

We gonna build them here?

h1928540.jpg

Or start a new thread?
Lets do it right here mate Its just for the fun anyway (y)

Starting to look like a Mossie.

So... I asked Santa for a new cutting mat for the hobby bench. He brought me a purple one!!! :facepalm :smack :bat

Ah... it'll do, but it is going to take some getting used to. :beer

03MosquitoMKIV.jpg

04MosquitoMKIV.jpg

I snapped the pin off for one of the propellers when clamping the engine nacelle. I have no idea where it went so will have to figure something out.

The nacelle set up is kinda difficult and complicated. The lower portion consists of two halves that glue to the lower wing and you have to hope that it lines up with the top part of the nacelle which is part of the upper wing. Anyway, got some PSR to do.

Dang, I got a couple of Mossies that probably would have gone together faster.

no major hangups yet other than this...

h4ab9809.jpg

Instead of all the stuff back in the radio and engineering stations, give me something to fill in the void between skin and cockpit. :idonno

I'm going OOB on this so press on, I'll paint it over and be done with it.

Check out the radar scope.

ha2dacec.jpg

:coolio

Nice session today, even repaired a phone system out in Baton Rouge (told them to reboot everything and they think I'm Scotty) while in the shop :geek

Mike so far I really haven't seen a fit issue yet. Taking it slow at this point. I see where we could have some issue and I've taking some steps to correct it.

h4398c56.jpg

Original configuration.

the joint for the center and outer wing is odd. They supply what looks like a fuel tank to attach to the bottom of the center section but there's no real alignment of the top of the outer wing. So I added some.

what I added was square styrene to give the edges something to grip.
hede9bea.jpg

also there's some knockout points in a triangle pattern in about this location, anyone have any idea what those would be for? No spare parts in the kit.

he8a3da0.jpg

Also notice I bumped a chip out of the trailing edge so I used Dr. Mike's filler to fill it in.

hc6d7960.jpg

h2eedc46.jpg

This thing is going to be big...

h81b768e.jpg

so...

What to do with the intakes?
h420e20b.jpg

This Airfix kit sure has not aged well I am still enjoying it though. I have been able to track down an Academy kit with PE etc so I am going to use the Airfix crew in that so this kit will get some generic pilot and gunner.

Bob, this is looking good so far. Nice fix. I have one of these in the stash so I'm watching this with great interest.

OK Bob, you can beat me for this as I'm probably too late with this but I'm pretty sure you need to add weight to the nose or this will be a tail sitter. There is a lot of weight aft of the landing gear. I had to add weight to the 1/200 kit I built last year.

OK Bob, you can beat me for this as I'm probably too late with this but I'm pretty sure you need to add weight to the nose or this will be a tail sitter. There is a lot of weight aft of the landing gear. I had to add weight to the 1/200 kit I built last year.

:blink :blink :blink

Just a little too late. :smack

I was afraid of that, can you drill into the front of the wing on either side of the cockpit and maybe slide a headless bolt in there ?

Back