• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bomber Command Dave Challenge

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Dave has been pesterin' me about his weekly challenge, that's cool, need something to recharge the mojo. I was thinking about whippin' something out for Bomber Command but wasn't sure what I have that could be done in that time frame.

Took a quick look over the stock this am and saw I have the 1:72 YB-49 from Italeri.

So you guys who have build this in the past, think it's a week long build or not? :woohoo:

I have not built it but an aircraft that size in NMF would take me a week just to put the finish on.

Probably something like this...

b49sea.jpg

With an ECM pod hangin' off it. :rotf

The Alclad Black Base dries pretty quick Gary, I might be able to pull this off if construction goes easy.

My Italeri Jaguar fit together well. My biggest gripe with that kit was the landing gear didn't really look like the real thing. :lol:

Oooh I got to Bob :evil: Mwhuhahahahaha

That will look awesome as a bomber colors.
Plus I get to do a kit I did about 36 years ago after my grandpa gave it to me as a Xmass prezie

here is the kit I plan on doing Really looking forward to it as it was one of the kits I remember doing and I can still remember beeing very proud of it.

hacb5679.JPG

I was thinking of doing the ancient Beaufort kit and even posted a start up photo for it but after digging through the parts I had second thoughts. Way too much clean up on it for a quick build. (ie: carving parts out of the blobs on the sprues)

So, after digging through my stash some more I came up with this. Higher part count but not too much canopy masking and no crazy turrets to slow me down. So here we go.

01MosquitoMKIV.jpg

We gonna build them here?

h1928540.jpg

Or start a new thread?

Good luck Bob! I helped out on a group build for one of these, kind of a consultant if you will (long story). The fit is not great. You can probably knock this out in a week, but there will be a lot of fill/sand/repeat.

BTW - if you use Tamiya Gloss Black from the spray can instead of the Alclad Black Base, it dries much quicker.

HTH - Mike

Back