• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bodes "Well" for the Maquis

Decided the wine bottles the dude in the white shirt was reaching for made for a pathetic picnic...so I tried my hand at making some bread and sausage...me thinks the sausage needs to get a bit thinner...
4-19-11_033.jpg

Well-- I am considering this one completed. Really enjoyed working with Michael's piece and the Master Box figures. The Tasca Kubel was a treat as well...I can only imagine what building one of their Shermans must be like!
4-19-11_041.jpg

4-19-11_042.jpg

Here is my scratch-built bread and sausage...
4-19-11_040.jpg

4-19-11_039.jpg

I am with Andy in the sense that I like to have the background behind what I do for everyone. This one was dedicated to my grandmother, Nana-- she was a young girl during the war living near Lyon. She started out as a nurse but then began to work for the Maquis. It started out as errands here and there, but then she began to help with rescues of downed airmen. She never mentioned any involvement in sabotage or more violent adventures...but I guess it was possible. In wartime, who knows?

She was betrayed by one of her fellow members and was captured. She was put into one of the concentration camps and treated harshly. She survived though and married a GI and came to America as a war bride. She was an amazing woman and thankfully for her, I am here now ;) The figure in the Master Box is nearly a dead ringer for her which gave me the idea.

The Maquis has captured this pair of Germans as they were parked waiting for a couple of young girls to share their spoils. They ended up with more than they could bargain for as the girl ended up having instead of another girlfriend...three friends with guns. The leader looks to be getting some valuable information while she looks on...and one gent has found some good stuff to confiscate and divvy up later!

That's the gist of it!

Great story about your grandmother,Mike.

Is the camouflage on your Kubel done by handpainting?
In real life SOMETIMES it was applyed that way.

You done well!!(y)

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Ron...

I have to admit it is...my airbrush work is nowhere near skilled enough to be able to pull that type of work off. Is it that obvious? ;) I appreciate your comments and looking...this was loads of fun!

Whoa...I am lax in mentioning that I also used the MP Cobblestone Corner piece to help set this one up...sorry!

What did you use to glue all of those leaves on your base,...hairspray or something like that?[I am just curious]

Don't worrie about the handpainted camouflage,as I mentioned,sometimes it was done by hand in real life!

I can imagin the fun you had doing this piece,Mike.:)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron!

I believe it was thinned down white glue...I sprayed it on the base and sprinkled the pine siskins over it

Jeeves,
Love the layout and look so far...
If you can't find the base you are looking for, just make one like I'm doing.
Get a dollar store picture frame and some foam core board. Make the layout that
you want. It's light and easy.
See my base in the "Well Done" build log.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn!

This is actually the finished product. I ended up picking up their cobblestone corner to use for the well.

While I'm not into doing this sort of thing I appreciate the work that goes into it and the end result, having a background story to go along with it makes it all the better, great job (y) (y)

Mike,
It looks great... I had pulled up the 1st page only when I did my reply. I went back today and looked at the whole thing. I like the corner and the well together. Heck I liked the other bases you were thinking about too.. I do most if not all my camouflage by hand too... No worries there. I love that the Marquis are in very bright clothing... It makes it that much better. Well done, tells a great story and it's really nice that you have someone that was part of that history in your family.
Shawn

Thanks Shawn!

This was a lot of fun for me...I loved the concept behind this and whoever thought of it is genius in my book. I am glad you revisited this one and saw the end product. Having that tie-in to my grandmother did help drive me to finish this one.

Man, your Grandma was a real hero! Great backstory to your project, Jeeves- and it came out great.

Cheers!
chuk

Back