• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bodes "Well" for the Maquis

Jeeves

Well-- came into a little cash so I ordered my well to join in with you kids. I spent some time looking through figure sets to get some ideas and came up with what I think might be a good one...but I was hoping for some advice since this is not normally my thing and 1/35 is not my usual scale.

My grandmother, Jeannine Nichols, was born near Lyon, France and served in the war as part of the Maquis and served as a Allied nurse as cover. She was captured and spent the end of the war in a concentration camp-- probably nothing more needs to be said in that respect. She married a GI and moved to New York where she continued nursing and then teaching for many years. She died last year after a long fight with heart disease and cancer. When I found the following set, I knew I had to incorporate it into this scene with the well as a tribute to her...the really cool thing is the woman looks a bit like her-
masterboxfrenchresistance_1_20100923_1908984180.jpg

Not sure all the specifics yet-- but I was thinking maybe they might yank the officer out of a Citroen...any other advice or ideas are welcome as I am just a dumb fly boy ;)

Thanks Andy-- I only hope I can pull it off ;)

Well-- I decided against the Citroen when I found the Tasca Kubelwagen for half off... so now I just need to figure out a whole bunch more...the "Cornered" base from last year's build you guys did might fit right in...maybe something to ask for on my birthday in November :silly:

Does anyone remember Allo Allo? :laugh: Nice choice Mike I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this set.

Jaymes ;)

Re: Bodes

Thanks everyone-- got the well in the mail today-- thanks Mike!!

Looking forward to getting the rest later this week. Haven't heard of the show...the only BBC we get out here in the country is on PBS...and that is limited. But I did get to see all of James May's Toy Stories on You Tube so maybe they have some there...but just out of curiosity-- what does the show have to do with this? :blink

OK-- I understand now...watched a few clips on You Tube...looks very funny! Ordered season 1 on Netflix ;)

Jeeves wrote:
OK-- I understand now...watched a few clips on You Tube...looks very funny! Ordered season 1 on Netflix ;)

Yeah Mike, it's probably the whole French resistance theme and maybe the goofy face of one of the guys on the box art. I've seen some of the episodes on PBS and it is pretty funny stuff.

Well-- time to make things official-like. Got my package in today-- picture isn't the greatest as the kids have torn apart my photo area...
029.jpg

Still trying to figure an appropriate base for this one...and if I want to add any other components...but I have ideas for keeping it small like this...

Re: Bodes...A quick Question

It doesn't say in the instructions-- but show the pieces of the well be washed prior to attaching them together?? Much thanks in advance...

Are you doing one too chuk?? I didn't see your theme for the build-- but look forward to it nonetheless...I couldn't pass up the price for the Kubel as it was 60% off at GM...

Same here! I haven't gathered all my materials yet, so I haven't started a thread. The final package is on it's way- and should be way cool!

Well-- if it is anything at all like your other builds, I will be anxiously awaiting your start :woohoo:

The Tasca kit comes with a couple figures which I may or may not use...depending on if I can make the poses I have in mind work...but it has some great detail in the engine area...

Well-- not too much of an update...

Started work on the Kubel... nothing worthy of pics as of yet...but I did get the awesome Maquis figgies together. Still some gaps to fill and weapons to add-- but you get the gist of it! Here they are so far:

007-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Back