• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Ugly Fat Fellow 1/144 B-52H Stratofortress

Hearing those 8 engines cranking up still brings a tear to my eye... :salute

First time I went to the Alert Ramp they pulled a Klaxon. :blink Seeing that black smoke bellow from 5 BUFFs loaded with real nukes was not a easy feeling.

well as We know ... not supposed to tell what daddy did during the War ... But I was in charge of the button ... for the Klaxon at my Base ... We didn't have windows ... So We couldn't see How high ya'll jumped ... :rotf

They are inline Warren, four sets of two. Each landing gear can turn a full 180, it can pivot on it's axis. What's odd is to see one land in a cross wind and it crab in.

That must be what I'm thinking of. When they fold up, one is in front or ahead of the other isn't it?

Yeah the doors are kinda staggered but when deployed they are line abreast. Two sets of two, front and aft.

BUFF- big ugly fat fellow!
How appropriate- sorry guys, but she looks as good as a dirty pig!
It even doesn't take off right, BUUUUT, I would like to see that crab landing.
I bet that's cool to watch!

Clear up right!
Tim

When I worked as a shuttle driver, I spent alot of time at the Stockton Airport & would see various USAF planes & Coasties do T & Gs Seen a 52 once doing that&that was interesting! It's a wonder how that BUFF could get back into the air!!

Thanks Fellers ... all The Buff has to do is hit the burners ... She Gone .. !!!

hb5425c9.JPG

h73366ff.JPG

Official start up photo's .... Sorry for the bright light ... check camera date !!!

I think I'll do Her in Camo though ... That's the way I remember Them ... :pilot

"Big Ugly Fat Fellow" :hmmm never heard them referred to as a Fellow as in BUFF, the last "F" word was different :D

What amazed me was during take off, the wing tips would rise up what looked like 20 feet and then the
fuselage would then jump up between the wing tips. :eek:hmy:

Tony lee

"Big Ugly Fat Fellow" :hmmm never heard them referred to as a Fellow as in BUFF, the last "F" word was different :D

What amazed me was during take off, the wing tips would rise up what looked like 20 feet and then the

Tony lee

Roger that!! (y)

Tony lee

I was trying to be Family friendly ... For our young readers ... the only time you use the last F is when you look up and see the Bomb bay door open ... :eek:hmy: :woohoo: :S

Tony lee

And you remember seeing them fly? VERY nose down.

And I remember going out and picking up their drag chutes,by myself, when I was assigned to Transit Alert
in Amarillo Tex during the Cuban Crisis.
You ever picked up one of those things when they're wet and load it in a pick up. :S

Tony lee

Ok nice shots ... after looking at the photos of the plane the nose down attitude is because the wings are canted up on leading edge therefore to achive level flight the nose would be down ....

h6eb0784.JPG

Too late to stop now the fuse is off the sprue .... :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

h923c55c.JPG

h12a2978.JPG

Drilled the extra holes ... For the ECM Equipment ... :good:

h60435eb.JPG

Cut the tail off about two extra parts go in Here first I think this is a G body and we're taking it to an H ... :pilot

Back