• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Ugly Fat Fellow 1/144 B-52H Stratofortress

Swordsman

This is the one I'll be doing ... I was in this 2nd BW. Barksdale AFB ... Stationed at a MAC Base with a SAC 11th AREFS detachment, Altus AFB, Ok ... when We got to go to Barksdale for training we had to walk under the wings of these Buffs ... the other day when one flew over My Nascar race ... they still bring a wee tear to my eye. We never got to see them up close at Altus, they would just do a touch & Go ... with the KC-135 hot on Her tail .... :pilot

hf31fd71.JPG

The kit ... Bought it 2 years ago in a Squadron warehouse sale bin because the Box was damaged ... :pilot

h5d4a5e1.JPG

The innards' still in there little Plastic baggies ...

Sweet.

One of my favorite Xmas gifts when I was a kid was the old Monogram '52.

You need a 144 Slim Pickens. :D

Loaded nukes on the G model for two years in Grand stinkin' Forks AFB ND. :rotf

Very impressive to see one doing a max climb out, just doesn't seem natural something that big can go that fast and climb at such an angle.

:popcorn

Loaded nukes on the G model for two years in Grand stinkin' Forks AFB ND. :rotf

Very impressive to see one doing a max climb out, just doesn't seem natural something that big can go that fast and climb at such an angle.

:popcorn

I know these feller's had to do a touch & Go so the KC-135 could catch up to them ... they would be ready a full throttle release brakes hit the water and chase them down for a refueling ... I've got a 1/72 Buff & a KC for my big build ...

Can't do knofe edge turns in one though. They quit flying when the wings are up and down.

But Paul these fellers don't have to turn like that ... they would just drop lots of ordinance or shoot them with their guns ... Stratofortress means come and get Me buddy ... :coolio :pilot :rotf

Can't do knofe edge turns in one though. They quit flying when the wings are up and down.

But Paul these fellers don't have to turn like that ... they would just drop lots of ordinance or shoot them with their guns ... Stratofortress means come and get Me buddy ... :coolio :pilot :rotf

Hey MP !!! the title changed ... How'd that happen ??? :idonno :hmmm :idonno

:blink :huh: :unsure: :idonno T'weren't me!! :eek:ldguy

Windows 10 I'll bet ... My left mouse button doesn't work in the typing box .... :bat :woohoo: :ro:

Hey MP !!! the title changed ... How'd that happen ??? :idonno :hmmm :idonno

:blink :huh: :unsure: :idonno T'weren't me!! :eek:ldguy

Windows 10 I'll bet ... My left mouse button doesn't work in the typing box .... :bat :woohoo: :ro:

:eek:hmy: I don't do Windows so, wont comment on that... :eek:ldguy :tomato

They are inline Warren, four sets of two. Each landing gear can turn a full 180, it can pivot on it's axis. What's odd is to see one land in a cross wind and it crab in.

Four wheels on one strut in-line fore & aft in middle of fuse ... then some outrigger wheels on wing tips ... never saw one of these crab ... but watching a C-5 come in with a cross wind is exciting flys in sideways then about 45 degrees to flight line ... then right before touch down ... :woohoo: :pilot (y) ... pilot ... straightens Her out ... :woohoo:

Spent a year or so working weapons integration testing on BUFFs about 15 years ago. i compared it to trying to teach your grandfather how to use a computer! Those were the days...

Hearing those 8 engines cranking up still brings a tear to my eye... :salute

Back