• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big Tiffy

I got to looking thru the distractions and I came to realize that I would not be able to display it as I wanted and to keep the scheme I was going with so I decided to close up the entire engine and intakes so I could go with this scheme.

This ought to tickle Saul's fancy.

The same with the wings and gun bays, I am going to leave the port gun bay open and close the stb one.
There are three ribs that have to be laid in the wing after the lower panel is cemented in place. Like a ZM kit, every thing connects to every thing else and has a purpose for the structural integrity of the kit.

Even the engine isn't left out there. There is a couple of internal pieces that the electric motor option mounts to and they also key into the four parts that make up the engine same thing goes with the radiator and oil cooler intake. If you ever get this kit make sure that you spring for the Barracuda cast intake plug and the RB productions screen for the intakes. The plastic ones are pretty thick and the radiator screens just don't look correct.

I spent an hour and a half just on the wings and the amount of time I banked will be spent on the exterior and weathering. I am sorry to disappoint about the engine because that in itself is a work of art, not to mention two full sprues worth of pieces and parts that won't go on.

Thanks every body. I spent just a couple of hours yesterday getting the gun bay set up and since the color call outs are Humbrol and since I don't have Humbrol I used the next best thing, what's left of my fading intellect. Brown leather for the red lead color and insignia yellow. Tamiya weathering system for the smudged effects and some patience.

I wound up with a fairly big gap behind the radiator intake between the wing bottom and the intake it self.
I am not too concerned at this time but maybe tomorrow I will be. I am enjoying this build, something that I haven't done in a while.

Dry fit the fuse halves and I am fairly pleased that there are no problems so far. I don't expect any though.

I may buy another one next year and show it all nekkid and exposed.

I finally have the guns finished and I sure wish that Master Models mad a set for this kit. I was thinking that I could get away with the ones for the 24 Mk Vb Spit but they aren't the same gun. There is a way to assemble the guns with bad eyes and Aurthur in the thumbs but I think the result came out pretty dang fine, for my skills. :huh:

The light does not show the real color on the receiver of the cannons but when I get this done I will either have some good lighting and back drops or I can shoot them out side on some day that there are no clouds.

When it came to the lower and upper wing panels I thought I would have some sort of a gap problem but since the edges of the parts are damn near perfectly straight and the join is at the panel line it is near perfect as one can get.

this shows just how big this kit is. About the same as the Hurricane I finished last year.

The wheel bay is completed with the assembly of the top bay cover. One big top and then about 9 little formers or purlings. I used the Vallejo black primer then over with some gray that lost its label a while ago. To give it some weathering I used some Vallejo dark gray pigment.

I really like the fine rivet panel line details. So far it has been mostly an exceptional fit.

Paul, you're doing a bang up job . Very nice kit . (y)

Someone just posted a finished one on ARC and you could just about smell the oil on it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Slow down Paul ...... I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread ..... Man Paul all I can say is .....
h36707ee_2015-03-12.gif

Looks outstanding in every way, Paul.

If anyone is thinking of pulling the trigger on this, Sprue Bros has it on sale today only:

https://store.spruebrothers.com/dealoftheday.asp

Back