• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109G-14/AS Finished

matrixone

Here is the finished Bf 109G-14/AS I built using the old ( but still good) Revell Bf 109G-10 kit.

The Bf 109G-10 and Bf 109G-14/AS were externally the same so I only had to come up with the special markings for the aircraft I wanted to model which was ''black 7'' of 2./JG 52. A lot of Bf 109G-14/AS aircraft built had the smaller upper wing bulges so I am not sure if ''black 7'' also had them since the photographs in the JaPo book of ''black 7'' were of it minus its wings.

My model was built O.O.B. with the markings coming from my decal spares box, paints used were Model Master enamels.

h3e92c00.JPG

hd1f9ae8.JPG

h30bab50.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Bob,
More often than not the late war Daimler-Benz engines leaked oil, when they stopped leaking oil you had something to worry about because it usually meant they were about out of oil!
I have read a few of the comments from the German pilots about how they were amazed at how clean the engines were in the Allied aircraft.

More pictures of this model.

h73ba12a.JPG

hf7464ea.JPG

hb34af70.JPG

h95d68db.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Terry, I appreciate the comments!

The Revell 1/48 scale Bf 109G-10 is one of my favorite old time kits, sure it can't compete with the new modern kits like the Eduard Bf 109G-6 but it still captures the look of a late war 109 quite well.

hd830997.JPG

h8d1de0f.JPG

h88796e8.JPG

h3ace60b.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks Bob,
More often than not the late war Daimler-Benz engines leaked oil, when they stopped leaking oil you had something to worry about because it usually meant they were about out of oil!\
Matrixone

:rotf :rotf I had a '78 chevy pickup like that... :rotf :good:

Thanks Bob,
More often than not the late war Daimler-Benz engines leaked oil, when they stopped leaking oil you had something to worry about because it usually meant they were about out of oil!\
Matrixone

:rotf :rotf I had a '78 chevy pickup like that... :rotf :good:

Hey saves you money on oil changes, just add more when it's low :rotf :rotf :rotf

Looks really nice Les. Just think you can still pick that Revell kit up for under 10 bucks sometimes. You can't beat a price like that.

I really think that you were Willy Messerschmidt in a past life. That explains everything.
98.gif

Thanks to all for the nice comments!

Ryan,
I have a stack of these Revell/Monogram Bf 109's in my stash and if I remember correctly at the time I bought them they were selling for $9.99, I am well stocked with 1/48 scale Bf 109G-10's right now but if Eduard is going to make a Bf 109G-10 I would like to get one, after all you really can't have enough 109's. :ro:

If anybody thought the current 109 mania from me is finished you are wrong...I just started a Bf 109K earlier today, this one will be a what-if. :evil:

Matrixone

Back