• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109E-1 'Sitzkrieg'

ij001

So we’re off again….

Using this kit:

I hope to make a Bf109 that looks something like this:

Here’s the date-stamp pic to prove I’m not cheating:

Why this particular machine – well a couple of years back, Brett Green did this exact one on Hyperscale, and it looked gorgeous. And that’s all the is to it; I liked the way it looked and want one in my cabinet aswell, simple as that.

I made a start on the basics this afternoon, just spraying RLM02 all over the interior parts (and there’s lots of them !!), but because the plastic is almost RLM02 anyway, there’s a d*mn good chance I’ve missed a few spots.

Thassit for now, pics when I’ve made some ‘meaningful’ progress, in the meantime here’s a link to Wikipedias’ entry on Fritz Losigkeit. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

Well I think most of us choose a model because we think its either beautifull or so damn ugly it just needs to be build. :good:

Will be keeping my eyes on this one as I too love them as they make a nice change from mottled builds. :popcorn

Yep my type of build - no bloody mottles!!!

great choice Ian :good:

not an E1 but one I really enjoyed building - and painting
DSC0608x1.jpg~original

DSC0597xz1.jpg~original

DSC0595x1.jpg~original

Nothing spectacular, just a couple of quick pics taken with my phone:

Seat has a couple of scuffs and chips and a light oil wash. The harness - which I'm working on at the moment will cover almost all of this.

The sidewalls are virtually empty just a few ribs and non-descript valves and the radio. I suppose if I'd invested in the 'Zoom Set' there would be more to see, but I was deliberately trying to keep the budget down when I set-out on this one !!

The floorpan has come-out well. Again just a few scuffs and a heavier oil wash.

As mentioned above I'm busy threading the multi-piece etch harness at the moment, once that's added to the seat I'll take another couple of photos (hopefully later today), then on to the engine block.

More soon.

Ian

Seatbelts done, seat mounted...

...there's two-and-a-half hours of my life that I'll never get back !!

The lower IP is surprisingly poorly detailed, guess Eduard assumes everybody will be using the Zoom Set or buying the full Profi-Pack version of the kit :S

More soon.

Ian

Weird. I'm sure I responded earlier. Anyways, nice pit. I think Eduard is very hit and miss. Liking it (y) (y) (y)
James

Looking very good Ian!

I think James is right, Eduard is hit or miss in quality but that could be expected of a small company, I see Eduard getting better as time goes on.

Matrixone

Thanks, but in all honesty this is very much a 'stalled project' now. So many niggling fit problems, I'll be starting another 1:32 109 for this campaign.

Ian

Back