• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Attn. Pup , Ken ..............

Cheyenne

Don't know if anyone has seen this before , I found this and tucked it away for a future never to be built scene ........ for the Dragon kit I bought .

Pup , I was going to be a Hozer and post this from Photobucket , so you had to wait to see it when you came home from work but , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

usa-mto-nwa-p561_20100409_2065999939.jpg

Oops , almost forgot El Gutar [ sp ? ] ............

hmmmmmmmmmmm ... with muppy's new acquired figure painting skills he should be able to do this easily! :cheer:

when will you start bob? :mpup

Easy???

Great picture. I have not seen this, suspect Ken will have full details of what this is. Looks like a M2 but the mine rack seems to be mounted weird.

But also check out the MGC in the background!

That's Capt. Paulick and 1st Lt. Gioia of the 601st TD Batt. looking at the map in (you guessed it) El Guettar, March 23, 1943.

(at least according to page 19 of Steve Z./Concords US H/T in combat) ;)

In the book, the picture is a bit wider and shows a third jeep off to the right and little stack of Jerrycans to the left. Deffo an M2 with a custom mine rack and what looks to be an ammo can bolted to where the later Jerrycan rack went. A much smaller version of the picture is also in the Hunnicutt book Bob, page 184.

My guess is this is a photo that can be found at NARA since it doesn't appear that either of these publications holds the copy write.

Well, I'm off for the weekend. Camping at Cub World with the wife, son and all of Pack one and Pack Two...

:blink

HA! That sounds like a riot! I know you're going to have fun, be safe Ken and don't let the kids take you snipe hunting..

I totally missed the ammo can, good eye. BTW, Does the GMC have a Rebel Flag on the side cause if it does I can see my GMC getting on the front burner for a while.

moon puppy wrote:
, Does the GMC have a Rebel Flag on the side cause if it does I can see my GMC getting on the front burner for a while.

Hey Bob
That is actually the marking for the 601st TD, and the obscured part is actually a vertical line realising a black 'Y' on yellow background... (don't let this stop you though :cheer: )
Brad

Aww , come on Pup , don't tell me there aint a chance that one of them fellers ain't a good ole-boy , .......... put the flag on anyway !!!!

Hey ya'll watch this .................

Back