• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Armored Jeep

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Cyberhobby Armored Jeep will be coming out of box.

h4de4726.jpg

this is all I got done before being run out of the garage.

Think I'll try and build up a little dio with a Deuce and a Half with a lot of field shop hardware built on it. Like what Laurance is working on with his Insert long German name here -Truck.

Bob, I'm sending positive energy to start your work on Wednesday... :zen ;)

All the best!
Dusan.

:popcorn

What a nice snow day...

actually did about the same amount of work that I would have done but I did get some bench time in.

h233899a.jpg

he71fdf4.jpg

Typical Dragon, parts are mislabeled, the arms that attach to the front wheels to the tierod are backwards. Think it was B46-B47, I'll check that tomorrow.

Think the hard part is behind me, some of the locating pins are not there or too large for the receiving hole.

I was OH so tempted to break out some Scale Hardware but I kept in mind this is OOB only. It's building up nicely I think, hope y'all do. :beer

Afraid I won't have another snow day today. Said come in at 9:30 but it's still snowing... :idonno

Built it, resisted temptation to replace something every step of the way but keep remembering this is OOB.

Coat of Nato Black. I did some playing, I mixed up some Yellow Ocher oil paint with Humbrol thinner...thin...and sprayed. :woohoo:

hd64fed5.jpg

I got Olive Drab! You can see it on the frame some, going to spend the day tomorrow doing the top side and see how it turns out. Worse that could happen is I spray it with OD instead.

the OD you see on the wheels, that was Nato Black with Yellow Ocher over it. Looks like OD to me, what you think?

Looks just right Bob. I remember reading some years back that OD was originally mixed by adding black to chromate yellow. Looks like you found the same formula !!

:good:

Ian

Back