• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another movie monster kit...

Thanks Mike, the face is well sculpted for such an old kit and gives a creepy looking effect for the model.

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

I plan to have this one finished late this week, I HAVE to get this model off the work table because there is so much clutter at the moment its affecting my other builds. :(

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

I plan to have this one finished late this week, I HAVE to get this model off the work table because there is so much clutter at the moment its affecting my other builds. :(

Matrixone

Oh man, I know how THAT feels! I gotta clear my bench too!

Keep plugging along man!

Duke,
I don't know why I end up having so many kits on the go at once, I can't help it. :gogo If there's a square inch of available space on my work table I have this need to have it filled with some sort of project...its a wonder I can build or paint anything. :idonno

More work done on Mummy, mostly painting the Cobra and finishing the pre-shade on the figure.
Next up I will carefully airbrush some lighter colored paint on the upper parts of the figure to help tone down the pre-shading a bit and then it will get a coat of Future and some oil washes.

h806b87f.JPG

he9da093.JPG

h928d08c.JPG

h91ec7e3.JPG

Matrixone

Man you're having some fun with this build ain't ya Les?

Looks good, probably be done before Halloween don't ya think?

Thank you Bob.
I wanted to have this one finished two weeks ago but I lost interest because of the other projects, this one could easily be finished before Halloween but no promises. ;) There are already two other kits I want to get started on.

Matrixone

Wow, he sure looks creepy, but in an awesome sort of way lol. I know what you mean about builds piling up on the bench.

I have not forgot about this kit, just distracted for a little while.

A couple new pics after the figure has been painted and given an oil wash. The base also has been given an oil wash to bring out some of the detail but I am being careful to not go too far, I don't want the base to look more interesting than the figure itself.

h70c3ad5.JPG

h9237b56.JPG

My plans are to have this model finished by Thursday.

Matrixone

You really turned that kit into a jewel. Beautiful work.

The Mummy always reminds me of the old Bill Cosby bit about the dog in all the horror movies who tries to warn people but nobody listens: "Theres a guy..woof woof woof..coming down the street..woof woof..with toilet paper..woof woof woof..hanging off him!" :D

Thanks guys!

All the painting is done on this kit and all that's left to do on it now is give it a clear flat coat.

The weather is good right now so I will be taking pictures of it today even if the flat coat is not on, the weather here is supposed to be very wet and stormy soon making it difficult to get outside and get decent pictures of the model.

Matrixone

Back