• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Mitsubishi in 1/72

phantom II

Master at Arms
As I was looking for parts for the Hampden and trying to figure out how the other guy build his, I discovered thid little beauty of a kit : The A-5M2. The predecessor to the Zero .

claude_001a.jpg

Fujimi made a little jewel here :good:

A-5m_Claude_build_001a.jpg

The wings are shaped like a spitfire :good:

The fuselage is well done

A-5m_Claude_build_002a.jpg

I added a few boxes between the ribd to simulate radios and other equipment.

claud_002a.jpg

Some Mr hobby was sprayed on

Anther Mitsubishi in 1/72

The cokpit asemble lickidy split

claud_002a.jpg

The interior was sprayed mr finishing black and shortly after the mitsubishi green.

claud__005a.jpg

A-5m_Claude_build_003a.jpg

Picked out a few details

A-5m_Claude_build_004a.jpg

That is the best looking IP decal I have ever seen. Just need to be a bit smaller.

A-5m_Claude_build_006a.jpg

The seat bucket was drilled and a torque tube added to the floor.

Hope you like it :) Sorry Gary I'll have to leave you like this. Going to the show at Fayetteville show tomorrow.

Sorry, I could not pass this one up. I like it so much I have already ordered the A-5M4

Cheer,Christian B)

:) Thanks for looking in guys. It seems that what use to be my thing about the Luftwaffe has morphed into a thing about Japanese aircraft as of late. :idonno

Can't say enough about this little kit though Fujimi has done a wonderful job on this one .It goes together like a fine watch. :D

Cheers, Christian B)

I am assuming you wanted this in Wesendorf Field forum ?

That would be a good assumption . If you have changed it, thank you ! (y)

I had no idea it was anywhere else since I posted it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, still trying to get things back to normal after being at the Fayetteville show .

I'm preparing the wing for the large clear lenses of the position lights.

claude_lights_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

They look it Dave . The Judy's did as well . :blink The colored plastic lenses are so much faster to do :bangs
head

Anyhuuw , here we go.....

Claude_lights_003a.jpg

It starts like this , and then using the above gadgets the plastic rod get's tooled to a dimension that can be polished into submission . Seriously don't like clear plastic as it is so hard and brittle :vmad

Claude_lights_002a.jpg

Now to use the other parts of the stick to polish them :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Back