• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

another egg I love! B17G nine o nine

Trogdor

This is my 1st campaign and very excited I choose this kit for 2 reasons 1: I love egg kits 2: my fondness memory is watching my dad build a B17 monogram kit with
Shepard Paine diorama in the box after that I couldn't get the B17 out of my head

hae4329e.jpg

h55c29a0_2015-09-09.jpg

Oh Waaay KEWL!! Where'd ya steal it? :hmmm Me likey!! :drool
I'll be :popcorn as I too have a fondness for the forts

h903b08c.JPG

I spent time at March Field Air Museum in Riverside,Ca getting my hands dirty :D :D

Oh Waaay KEWL!! Where'd ya steal it? :hmmm Me likey!! :drool
I'll be :popcorn as I too have a fondness for the forts

h903b08c.JPG

I spent time at March Field Air Museum in Riverside,Ca getting my hands dirty :D :D

Very nice ... I worked for a B-17 pilot once ... will be watching this one ... I need to call Bud ... I'd hate for Him to miss this ...

Oh and Ed quite foundling that Plane !!! ... (y)

Sorry for the Delay of Progress so time to Upload lol, I have to Admit I love these Kits alot There so Relaxing no frustrations Just PURE FUN, Dont get me Wrong i love my Complex Kits But Sometimes just a plan Simple Kit is just Awsome. :snoopy

So I stared Out by Drilling the Barrels on the Forward Gunners, Makes it Look alot Cooler
h328c44c.jpg

Then I stared to Prepare the Clear Parts
h1614f4a.jpg

h4c37ae8.jpg

So With these Simple Kits i like trying new Things and ive thought i would try my hand at Pre Shading but i think ive messed up that Line Should of been alot thinner and i should of Primed all the Parts 1st i believe. IF anyone got any tips or Helpful info i could sure use it.
h2377ca1.jpg

The beauty of pre-shading is that you can control how much shows through with the next layer.

Looking great so far!

Hi all so i Finally got sometime to model on my Birthday which was great! :laugh:

So i was looking at Photos of B17 and found a Pic of a Bomb that had Graffiti on it and i thought this was cool so i did the Same on my Bomb lol

h2b798fb.jpg

Next i wasnt happy with the 1st Pre shade i did so i re primed it and started over and Instead of using Black as my Shade (alot of people say its the best way on the Net) i used several Shade of the Base Colour to Create the Effect, I like this alot more. I use this method on my ships not quite this way but similar.

h6a5e3b4.jpg

h67d6c33.jpg

h4da883a.jpg

hd3a5c6b.jpg

h9f8e6a2.jpg

So Next i added the Props and some small details soon ill be able to Clear coat and Decals

h59561f7.jpg

h5137f7e.jpg

Ive Completed my Egg B17 In time for the Capcon Show and i manage to Get 2nd Place with it and 1st Place with my Egg Yamato VEry Fun Build and Great Event!

h9fa43a8.jpg

h3e416c2.jpg

hf838efc.jpg

Sorry for late reply been busy and the flu :( thanks for the comments everyone was a lot of fun is there anything I need to do to complete this campaign

Just post up a couple of shots on our Completed thread and I'll get your first Campaign ribbon setup for ya.

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/things-we-love/150761-things-we-love-completed-builds

Well done. (y)

Back