• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anigrand 1/72 McDonnell P-67B Moonbat "Virgin Widow II"

If your Dremel spins too fast you need one of these. They can be found on Evil Bee for a reasonable amount. Get one and you will never use your Dremel without it again.

View attachment 153903

I have had mine for over 20 years and it makes such a difference in how the tool works. It slows the Dremel down way slower than the speed control on the drill. My Dremel has a speed control and all I do is turn it on full bore and use the speed control to regulate it. It will also keep the wear and tear on the Dremel down as well. To turn it off and on slide the red switch.
It was a cordless Dremel. Thanks just the same.

You might think a guy that wonders aloud about how much "Blacksmithing" a resin airplane model takes to look decent might just wrap the thing up, with no new additions.
20221022_102834.jpg20221022_102937.jpg
Some guys might. The underside of the "B-model" engine nacelles needed something. The more powerful Allison-built Griffon engines certainly could use supercharger intakes, Right? I tried to find resin scoops to buy, but instead, I just made a couple from square plastic tube and strip.
20221022_101157.jpg20221022_104609.jpg
I'm pleased with the look. MORE sanding/shaping to come. Again.

20221119_160743.jpg
Starboard side cannon barrel test fit. I thought the 37mm needed a plate to protect the Virgin Widow II's exterior from the muzzle blast.
Mr. Heinkel will get a nasty surprise if he chooses the head-on pass on THIS Moonbat. "I don't want to get killed for a lack of shooting back."
You still have to hit what you shoot at. I moved the portside 37 cannon port. I measured carefully for the shell ejection port, but the cannon barrel didn't line up. I fixed it. :wow:
20221119_162501.jpg
I installed the copper tube (?) exhausts today too. They don't look too bad. Again, the difference in thickness of the wing castings require some black-smithing to make the port side exhausts fit properly. :facepalm:
20221119_165848.jpg
Not so unlike many of my projects of late, I stand a chance of finishing the Moonbat if I stop thinking more parts up. :bang head
Pylons for external fuel tanks, TACAN blade antenna and an early ECM pod will adorn the underside of the P-67B in the fullness of time.
I hope the 5-bladed props won't hit the ground by the time all these ideas are completed. :bm:

On the financial side, the Anigrand 1/72 XP-67 project nears the $100.00 mark. The Bad Man never stops. Never.
:salute:
:pilot
:oldguy:

Looks like a challenging build.
First, I apologize for being unable to just build this airplane model from the box, as you asked me too. Yes the Anigrand build is challenging, but I the same time, I do get carried away and I know I do. I try to be good. I DO! No, I REALLY do.
I'm just Naughty.

SOooooo, the Naughtiness continues.........................
20221120_085713.jpg
A Man can modify the Quickboost propeller tool to install the Curtiss electric cuffed blades or the Rotol Scimitars. As an American, I wish for the Curtiss parts. The consensus so far is the Rotols look cooler.
20221120_091311.jpg
No, these are not being molded. This 'Forest of propeller blades" is to paint the tips lellow and the blades black. Cleaning Anigrand's resin with Windex works really well.
20221120_144143.jpg20221120_144153.jpg
Cockpit, with F2H Banshee canopy in place. Hey! The Banshee is a McDonnell product! Stop laughing and pointing! Saints preserve us!
Whaddya mean you cain't see the cockpit?
20221120_144401.jpg20221120_144419.jpg
There! That's better, isn't it? Headrest armor, radio, HUD and control stick. I would love to pose this canopy open, but I hesitate to do so, since I sold Bob the other vac-form Banshee canopy with his 1/72 P-67 (whatever he wants) Moonbat model kit.
:hmm: What to do, what to do..................
WAIT! I know!! Buy some more parts for this Model! It worked before!! :silly::Drinks::drool:
Thanks for riding along with The Bad Man!

20221127_140326.jpg20221127_170755 (2).jpg
Extra canopies arrived while we were galivanting about central Iowa delivering our "Gift of our gifts" to daughters, tormenting, um Playing with grandchildren and making lunch in Aurora and generally goofing off with our great granddaughter Ember Lee and her doggies.

Now, even though 2 spares are on hand, for my next trick I shall attempt to bisect just ONE canopy to make the open canopy on the B-Moonbat.
A saner modeler might just chop windscreen and canopy off the 2 new ones. Not truly my usual motif.
Stay tuned for model madness to come!

20221201_135001.jpg
Yeah. That could have gone better. The sliding canopy can be salvaged, but the windscreen is as crooked as the AZ secretary of state.
Got a spare! More in New York! Do-Over!

Trust me. It were UGLY on the model.
20221202_065947.jpg
Defogger ducts and canopy rails.
20221202_100550.jpg
Attempt #2. Not so bad.
We have Wuhan flu. It hit me like a sledgehammer Tuesday night.
I cain't sleep much.
I can have coffee and make models.
I listed a couple more kits on Hobby Swap.
Lying about being a "victim" doesn't suit me. Quarantine ends tomorrow.

Back