• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anigrand 1/72 McDonnell P-67B Moonbat "Virgin Widow II"

20220128_164612.jpg

Constructing the resin Moonbat in a way that will lend itself to structural permanence, emulating a more accomplished resin airplane modeler I respect, I chose NOT to solder up bits of tube and wire for stouter metal landing gear. I hope, instead, to modify these white metal parts in a convincing fashion. I'm near sure my 18 grams of nose weight and gravity would soon overpower the resin kit parts.

Stay tuned, My Friends! After the current resin casting project is complete, I will be getting back on my favorite resin airplane model!
Thanks again for looking in! :silly:

Wise and powerful Pup, I know what you mean.
When success is achieved, I shall disclose this secret.
So much the better to keep one's failures to one's self, Don't you agree?

20220305_110534.jpg

I'm marking the Moonbat wings for the spoilers a hot ship like this one might need for reducing the high landing speed. After having added all the cockpit busyness, I seek a vac canopy I can pose open for this airplane. I thought a Thunderjet's would do nicely.
I got a few of my dinky projects done or near done, so I can go back to building without having other TLAR ideas cloud my bwain!
Thanks again for looking in!

20220312_071937.jpg
20220312_080447.jpg

Since this Moonbat is a B-model night fighter, I figger McDonnell might have upgraded the canopy for combat units. God alone knows how many He-280's or Go-229's might be obscured by the framing of the early XP-model canopy. In the forward windscreen you may very well find vents for defrosters and an early iteration of a heads-up display for the daylight gunsight. Radios other interesting bits will occupy the hat shelf behind the pilot seat.

The outer wings have to be attached before very much more happens to this model.
Thanks again for looking in!
:oldguy:
:pilot
:salute:

20220313_092005.jpg
20220313_092201.jpg

Okay, 'Pup, It's time to 'fess about the metal landing gear.
This is the SAC set for the Italeri 1/72 Douglas A-26 Invader kit. I bought a SAC set for the F-4 Phantom II, but they retract the wrong way.

These will require some grinding/cutting modification to fit, but it will be worth the extra cost and effort. Mr. Moonbat is a husky 68 grams so far! Metal gear seems almost a necessity. A stray nose wheel surfaced from out of nowhere, so I'll make use of that too!
20220313_101341.jpg

Wing fuel fillers and spoilers added today. The rest of the model got 4 more fuel fillers in likely places.
:bat"You said you would build this model from the box so we could see how it goes together!" :smack:
I know. I know. :blush: I try to be good. I won't offer any excuses. Down deep, at the end of the day, I'm just basically naughty. :tomato:
:oldguy:
:salute:
:stinker:

right? aligning all 6 cannon barrels should prove interesting as well. Now where did I put that radar pod?:hmm:

Back