• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An old Otaki Fw 190 is being built...

Thank you Paul and Moon Puppy!

I don't usually take many in-progress pics of my builds, a big part of the reason why is my available disk space at my photo hosting site is getting close to being full.

Matrixone

Thanks Saul and Moon Puppy,
I had no idea that we could load pics directly onto here without using a photo-hosting site, or is that just for a gallery and not regular thread posts?
Even if I had limitless disk space I would not post that many in-progress pics, my builds are mostly in-box without a lot of add-on aftermarket stuff and would not be that interesting to most people. My builds do not become interesting until they get some paint on them because I put more effort into painting instead of building. :)

Matrixone

Some severe weather struck my area and caused a long term power outage so no modeling was done for a full day, this model was supposed to be finished by now but is not and here are the final two in-progress pics. I just finished hand painting the canopy frames and when the paint is dry I can add the canopy and a couple small bits and this one will be finished.
401593284.jpg

401593283.jpg

Matrixone

Hand paint the canopy?? Not a coffee drinker are ya Les?

That ol' bird is looking mighty beat up, nice work!

:popcorn

Thanks Moon Puppy,
Its rare that I use canopy masks and prefer hand painting the canopy frames, I find it easier than cutting up Tamiya tape and masking off the canopy for airbrushing. If I had more money to spend I would buy more pre-cut Eduard canopy masks because they sure make it a much quicker and easier job during painting.

Matrixone

Back