• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alliance Campaign

Inaugural Campaign

www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif

:coolio

Inaugural Campaign

Yep.

Sorry for the delay on moving the site guys. I've had to take on even more responsibilities at work and by the time I get home I'm drained.

Current plan is to move this site to our new server then upgrade it to the latest and greatest version. We will not be migrating to Wordpress at all. I'm taking the path of least resistance on this, the upshot is EVERYTHING migrates so we shouldn't have any bumps in the road.

When....this spring maybe. :zen

Inaugural Campaign

Yep.

Sorry for the delay on moving the site guys. I've had to take on even more responsibilities at work and by the time I get home I'm drained.

Current plan is to move this site to our new server then upgrade it to the latest and greatest version. We will not be migrating to Wordpress at all. I'm taking the path of least resistance on this, the upshot is EVERYTHING migrates so we shouldn't have any bumps in the road.

Understandable Bob. Responsibilities come first!

Inaugural Campaign

Yep.

Appreciate all you do to keep us up and running boss man!

Inaugural Campaign

Just another bump....

We had discussed this campaign quite a bit and now that the new site is up maybe we should give it another kick at the can?

I wouldn't suggest starting now, perhaps wait until the fall when everyone is done their summer activities, maybe start in October and run for 6 months??

:idonno

Inaugural Campaign

Warren the intent of the Inaugural campaign was the launch of the new website, I've gotten the site moved to the new server (y'all notice no extended down time?) but I have not updated the software to the latest and greatest. As things have turned out, I just don't have time now, I am looking for a web developer to do this. I'll get back on that mission.

Inaugural Campaign

Warren the intent of the Inaugural campaign was the launch of the new website, I've gotten the site moved to the new server (y'all notice no extended down time?) but I have not updated the software to the latest and greatest. As things have turned out, I just don't have time now, I am looking for a web developer to do this. I'll get back on that mission.

Sorry Bob, I hadn't realized there was still more work to do. I thought it might have just got forgotten.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot... I know you are busy with other things too! :facepalm

Inaugural Campaign

Sorry Bob, I hadn't realized there was still more work to do. I thought it might have just got forgotten.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot... I know you are busy with other things too! :facepalm

No problem Warren, poke me anytime about this.

At the show the other week I was asked if I could make a website or a local club (He actually didn't ask, I felt the question was coming and said "No" in a preemptive strike :rotf ) but I did talk to someone who said they knew someone who does website stuff. I need to contact them to see if they are game.

Inaugural Campaign

My wife does website stuff as well...not sure if she's tackled one with forums and the like, but I have no idea what's involved...she may have no issues doing it depending on the language or programming type...

Inaugural Campaign

My wife does website stuff as well...not sure if she's tackled one with forums and the like, but I have no idea what's involved...she may have no issues doing it depending on the language or programming type...

Mike, you been sandbagging. :blink

bob@modelersalliance.com

Joomla! is our platform. If she's interested get her to talk to me. :D :mpup

Inaugural Campaign

Ah...she's not used Joomla...she has a book and said she could learn it but it might take her a while...if you are still interested I will pass your email along...

Inaugural Campaign

Ah...she's not used Joomla...she has a book and said she could learn it but it might take her a while...if you are still interested I will pass your email along...

If she's interested please do. She may have another suggestion, point is to migrate all data to new updated system. And creating a nice style that fits us.

Back