• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Riich 1/72 M-109 for my friend's son who served in an artillery unit in Poland.
Man,1/72 is too small !!!

Started this last weekend

full

full

full

full

Tojo, I built three Riich Models M-109's in 1/72 scale so I know what you're going through. I'm thrilled to have them though.

Sherman, great start on that Stryker! I built one of those too and had a blast!

Love the Stryker and FW13B. That figure looks AWESOME!!!

John, good progress on that building. Your new modeling room? lol

Wow, Tinkerbell sure is hot indeed! Love that figure!

Chris nice start on that tribute build.

John... OUCH! I've had that happen with a 32oz framing hammer on my thumb once. Tore it right open. I feel your pain, but I commend you on such excellent progress. I wish I were there to help!

This weekend I was finally able to do something I had been wanting to do for many moons. I was able to make my monitor float!
Mount 01a.jpg

Now I no longer have to worry about things underneath getting in the way if I need to move the monitor closer to my face for some reason.

Here is the magic behind this. The arm is made by a US company called Ergotron. The arm is quite heavy duty and I really have to shake the table hard to even get the monitor to quiver a little bit.

Mount 02.jpg

The adapter block in the corner is made from wood and will probably get modded a little more before I am all done with it.

This little project did manage to get some of my mojo going again.

Once again i got my Mini art Grant with interior out and had a look and once again i realised i would be punching well above my weight -)
My god where would you even start ?

After my Bentley build which was something i had to do having failed at it several times before going back 50 years i started looking at the 1970 airfix 1/24 spitfire. again something i built years ago but never tried to correct the faults like boxing in the the wheel wells or adding the missing detail. I am told the job is a lot harder now as the moulds are badly worn and you really need the Merlin from the 1/24 Hurricane as the Spit engine is so poor. the other problem would be size, where would i put it if i built it ?

I get the most fun from adding detail when i build, i like to be able to see it so putting a map table in a Lancaster doesnt do it for me :) so i am leaning towards the Spitfire as its a huge challenge , i also like the new Lancia delta 1/12 but its £180 and i know if i wait 6 months it will be half that.

Just thinking out loud :)

Once again i got my Mini art Grant with interior out and had a look and once again i realised i would be punching well above my weight -)
My god where would you even start ?

After my Bentley build which was something i had to do having failed at it several times before going back 50 years i started looking at the 1970 airfix 1/24 spitfire. again something i built years ago but never tried to correct the faults like boxing in the the wheel wells or adding the missing detail. I am told the job is a lot harder now as the moulds are badly worn and you really need the Merlin from the 1/24 Hurricane as the Spit engine is so poor. the other problem would be size, where would i put it if i built it ?

I get the most fun from adding detail when i build, i like to be able to see it so putting a map table in a Lancaster doesnt do it for me :) so i am leaning towards the Spitfire as its a huge challenge , i also like the new Lancia delta 1/12 but its £180 and i know if i wait 6 months it will be half that.

Just thinking out loud :)
Paddy, you can do it. The hardest part is just getting started and getting all the reference together. I need to get back on my Arizona build. (the 1/200 Trumpeter kit) It is horribly off on so many things that it is a scratch build around a basic structure. Part of why it has been setting for 5 years after being off to a good start. As for info, Saul is one of the best sources and if you need suggestions all you have to do is ask. Once you have solutions, I know you can build them.

yes-minions-movie.gif

Go to it my friend!
3D-thumbs up.gif

Back