• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Paddy: That looks great man. Really.

Martin:
Diggin' those figures and cannon. I've always had a strong admiration for folks that make figures look that good.

Got the ignition wires and looms installed over the weekend and this morning saw the installation of the ignition coil wire and the wire harness.

This is how my wiring harnesses start life these days. I use the innards of a section of automotive electrical wire with the insulation stripped off then twisted the wire strands together and applied super glue to the twisted section and allowed to dry. After allowing the super glue to dry flat black enamel was appied to the twisted section to replicate an electrical tape wound wire harness. Then the excess wire strands were clipped off until I had 4 "circuits" remaining which get painted the appropriate wire colors and routed to their final destination on the ignition coil and engine block once the harness was glued into place.

And here's the completed engine with the ignition coil wire, distributor advance vacuum line and electrical harness installed. Glamour shots coming in the next day or so....

Doing research,not much model building time .
asdf 001.JPG

Any one with the Heller Laverda kit that has the repop edition from 2012 and the wrong size tyre, you can still get a free replacement from Heller parts service, got mine today, takes 3-4 weeks but good all the same .

DSC_2984.JPG

bit bright but this is the correct colour

this is an original 1972
e758eb_e419616c520e4b78abd3090c67ae08da_mv2.jpg

and this is my orange, its not far off and the discrepancy is really down to camera settings and lighting i think

DSC_2995.JPG

The seat is still in the spray process because i forgot to do it. Too busy painting my fingers orange :)

Shop is still in disarray, of course y'ous guys would be the first to know when it's un-disarrayed...
A fast project Cindy wanted me to do, seems the style these days is not brown furniture but whitewashed. We've had this table for a while, not really great work but it's made out of some leftover tongue and grove planks. Washed it down real good and gave it a coat of flat white then did the chipping technique to it.
nqjM4VE1E88Kw8QSoO4ckywz3wRSV5d_l1zWO7xFnIkCly47O_aeWXViccQiUIXBqXkbBnGBCyKbOC248u8RxHr5TWNIK-db_IFiWoJVLTjvcxZzH4Yps1rTsQtYMyO8iUA-BIhyNZ1oqznKclQyXCZqcrZEKF5BQEb6vlycGzHo9Yv__rIyB5BxNFeBK2fr1SZC6VBn7QVXQJBP5RW2m5nznlgGgfxmG1PrD_Y1Up8PdKglfjMOx6VDyuLpdah4qrHtWutqkyzkfgE6xab8OGINZ_3RFGppUVB11IeR3lahJ_SEIsiRMWRG8cOSQuXlIk_JKg1mK7ueWMc3L-E7bRFTIVpglJdKCP9QOnL2z0pZTwtEivGUyJaYPHgpA1uzF5BNTFy3gQta2gNGBZQ-gMNcZZliCNGCr0zjg2FUWCtraPymNxDfpudvScpsu8WE1QRCjWqI8toDp250r9ZhyC5R_C-mtCNYqjUM-YspgIewJstGWwDs1c1rC7yLuEU0weR9n52fU32C58FJ60yU_muVrZuUoW0pbFykl8X-VBtzA6Tfu29nhTUwqrGRjLhaVFuV-RGDd2SLPff151sL7UJ3COAH1V4l0Vmsdk0T3rgb8aqirqyp78LIEYq6jjZGaaaVuCPlfB2_95C5zDE7lIAxOEc9GfPZuLWNG_HemrVsa0ITkJgV4RB7_fXtohXv1_D_AeKnDYJmGM1J36Wd-LjUuQ=w649-h864-no

Bumped it with the sander in some places to give it that aged look. I've seen some pieces have different tones of white overlaid. I'll keep it simple on this one.
See, skills we pick up in modeling can apply in 1:1 easily.

I have my parent's old bedroom furniture. It was made from real wood and weighs about 1/3 to 1/2 what the crap they make today weighs. Yeah it is a little rough on the edges and is really dated, but it is good stuff and works for me.

Nice table! Brilliant execution of faded whitewash!

I'm not that old, but I also like seeing the natural wood of furniture. But hey, happy wife, happy life!

Back