• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Trying to get this piece ready for AMPS Nationals "Snow" theme in time for next weekend's show...just in progress....

hebefb2e.jpg

hf08977e.jpg

hafbb0c0.jpg

Looking pretty good so far. Don't forget to make it look as if the tank is sitting in t he snow and not just on top of it.

Cheers

For the first time in awhile, I've actually put in a decent bit of time at my desk over the last few days.

A couple weeks ago I picked up an egg plane double kit w/ an F-4 and an F-15, and I've spent time every day over the last week working on it.

Put down some primer on it last weekend to check the fuselage fit, and was very happy with where it was at. This week I've spent filling seams & voids w/ Tamiya putty, and it's getting very close to time for another coat of primer.

20190511_234318.jpg

Yesterday I decided to put down some primer and paint on some parts

IMG_1737.JPG

A little tip on painting, make sure you have the color you are going to use before painting. :bang head

Hello folks, not 'shared' for a while so grouped together all my active builds for anyone who may be interested:

hfab3433.jpg

So from left-to-right:
Italeri 1:48 F-16D backdated to an early B. Started two years ago but went back on the bench at the begining of this year, just came to a shuddering halt as all my Green-Stuff has dried up so need to get my paws on some putty this week.

Fujimi 2011 Porsche 911 GT3R, sort of a 'What If' build, in the process of decaling just now.

Academy 1:48 MiG 29 (9-12): started in 2010 and came back to the bench just yesterday. Long story short, couple of nights ago I saw a guy on YT railing against this kit, completely over the top about how terrible it is, video culminated in him hurling it into the bin. What a d*ck ! - Anyways I dug mine out cleaned it up and shot a couple of coats of Medium Sea Grey enamel to give it a good monotone base coat. I found a cracking set of decals at Hannants and will finish it over the next few weeks.

Airfix 1:72 B-25C Mitchell which I dug-out and started this lunchtime !

RoG 1:48 Rafale for the 'In Another World' Campaign. Ran-out of glossy white paint, so I'll need to wander over to ToyWorld tomorrow.

RoG McLaren 570S, and yep I ran-out of Tamiya TS13 clear, so I'll need to buy that too !

So that's it, lots on the go, a few close to the finish line and one not even got any glue near it !! - Best from NZ :drinks

Ian.

Ian, I'm thrilled to see you still stopping in and still building! That's quite the lineup; about a third of what I'm doing. I 'm looking forward to seeing more.

Piet, brilliant work so far. Way to go man!

Ian, I'm thrilled to see you still stopping in and still building! That's quite the lineup; about a third of what I'm doing. I 'm looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Mark, Paul & Luiz.
I did consider doing a 'start-to-finish' thread for the Mitchell in the 'Wesendorf Field' section, but the last few of those I shared didn't get too many comments or reactions; not sure why, maybe it was the subject matter, maybe it was the holidays or maybe there just isn't too much interest in the forum as a whole... no matter, I'll post all of these projects as and when they're completed.

AFN

Ian.

Ian, I know what you mean about not getting many comments. I have had times when my Manufacturing thread had no comments in between updates. It ain't your work; I love looking at the work you do. I also try to stay update don your threads when you start them, but sometimes it takes some time before I have time to see the more recent topics started. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing your finished models. Thanks again for updating us and coming back to post.

Back