• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

We build igloos, wear seal skin clothing and make babies...

When the weather is hot and stick
Ain't no time to dunk your dicky

But when the frost is on the pumpkin
That's the time for d%%% dunkin!

We build igloos, wear seal skin clothing and make babies...

When the weather is hot and stick
Ain't no time to dunk your dicky

But when the frost is on the pumpkin
That's the time for d%%% dunkin!

We ALL live in Igloos. Igloo is the Innuit word for dwelling and can be used to designate any dwelling. The Innuit word for house made from snow is iglusuit.

Cheers from Peter who a long time ago studies the Innuit language.

:yipee
Daddies little stormtroopers back to school after Winter Break, so just me and the cat in the house which means firstly, that I can play very loud music all day, second I can get the house back to scratch and having it looking a little less like a barn after a tornado just went through.

And...

And...

And...

Some bench time :ro: - So with that in mind, I sprayed the insides of the (many) doors and hatches of the V100, then tack-glued them into place and shot the whole thing with a coat of Tamiya grey primer straight from the rattle-can.

Tomorrow, temperature permitting, I'll begin pre-shading.

Ian.

he0cdf55.jpg

1/32 Trumpeter Mil Mi-4 (hound)

Great minds thinking alike....

h12ee61e.jpg

I recall another Mi4 diorama at the UK Nationals a few years back getting an engine change or refuel. I already like where this is headed, Piet.

:good:

Ian.

Summer doldrums hit yesterday big time, for me it's the Rime of The Attic Modeller; "day after day, day after day, I struck breath or motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean..."

My bench is my shop which is in my attic. When outside temps hits 90, I might as well be sitting in a sun-baked oven.

With a fan in the window, it'll be bearable about 2AM. :unsure:

Me too. Haven't been at the model bench in 6 or so weeks. Had a nice order for several professional leather, three camera, camera straps, custom fitted. Get $200.00 a piece for them, so I'm not complaining. Had a final fitting today on them all, so that's done. Then vacation for a bit. We will be following the 126 Army band - "The Governor's Own" - for a week for their training tour on the east side of the state, 5 different cities. ( My oldest kid ( he's 49 ), is the equipment sergeant for the unit and mom likes to do this tour. Then maybe post the finish of the Little Wood Flattie and start on the LCM-3 build.

I co-miserate with you about the heat. In Michigan if it gets up to 90 it's a bit*h, because of the humidity. We had central air installed last year. Never had central air before. Saved the big window shaker and put it in the shop. Now I can cool the shop down when I'm working out there. NICE!

EJ

I co-miserate with you about the heat. In Michigan if it gets up to 90 it's a bit*h, because of the humidity. We had central air installed last year. Never had central air before. Saved the big window shaker and put it in the shop. Now I can cool the shop down when I'm working out there. NICE!

EJ

Man down here they don't build a house without it, you don't BUY a house without it!

90+ Degrees and 90% humidity, Welcome to the Southland boys! :beer

OK fellas, I got back home about 3pm (PST) Long weekend & had fun but, came back flat busted BUT, I got a T-shirt outta the deal :geek (y)

WIll try to get on the bench later this evening with the Vigilante...

Making some resin ammo for the Mörser 18, containers for the powder charge bags (2 sizes) and then 2 different grenades and casing (not sure of the correct name)

h5db298b.JPG

//Mats

EJ

Man down here they don't build a house without it, you don't BUY a house without it!

90+ Degrees and 90% humidity, Welcome to the Southland boys! :beer

We've had a pretty mild summer so far (knock on wood), but I remember one year it was
106 deg with 99% humidity...I checked the weather online, it said "RealFeel" was 150 degrees!!!

Tom

Looks great Mats, looks like you could go in business any day now. Those walls on the casings are really thin, I can see through them from here. (y)

This is getting a little ahead, but is a sample of things to come.

Falcon-FX-T01.jpg~original

Had an epiphany yesterday morning and had to try it out. What ya think?

Back