• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Mike I know how you feel with this year negatively affecting your mental health. I've been experiencing the same thing in a big way. I am also trying to fight it off by building more. I do look forward to seeing this started. It's the only Leopard they haven't kitted in 1/72 scale so I want to see this 1/35th scale one!

Quick update from the bench this weekend. Felt good to take some time to work on some stuff. These are the projects I am kind of bouncing around on. From left to right... Miniart Tiran 4, Dragon M1A2, Miniart Valentine, Ammo by MiG King Tiger, with the Meng Leopard 2A7 in the foreground.

5B4CD3CA-DA07-45D5-AA8B-29C4BA2103DE.jpeg

In truth the Leopard and the Valentine are where most of my motivation is these days.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Last edited:
20201207_081423a.jpg

20201207_081519a.jpg

Working on the Ho-229 cockpit. I have a choice of 4 different instrument panels, and two seats with 2 different sets of seat belts. (3 seat belts if you include the molded in set on the second seat)

Wow, I'm jealous! So much progress everywhere! I've barely had any chance to get in the hobby room... all I've done so far is spray grey primer on the fuselage of the An-124.

Pics forthcoming.

Great to see somebody's getting something done.

For some reason I've had a real building slump for about 3 months. The model club has been unable to meet because of covid restrictions. I always get a little boost after the meetings. We usually meet for a mid week business meeting + show & tell, and a Saturday build group both once a month. Helps keep the fire going.

Got a boost on Saturday though, as we had a ZOOM meeting. I don't do Facebook or twitter or any of that stuff, so I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to that. But, after some struggles with camera and microphone settings, then the security settings in windows and the privacy settings in Bitdefender, I finally got on the group.

WOW, was that great! Good to see many of the guys, see what they were working on and discuss things. Spent a couple hours on it. They will be doing this again every Saturday until the covid restrictions are lifted and we can begin face to face meetings again.

I just might get something done at the bench this week!

EJ

That's great EJ, it's always inspiring to get with your friends just to get recharged. Worked for me when our local buds met up at my garage this weekend. :vgood:

Back